|By PR Newswire||
|May 4, 2009 07:00 AM EDT||
"The H1N1 flu is already affecting
Smith, the author of the new release, "RICHES AMONG THE RUINS: Adventures in the Dark Corners of the Global Economy" (AMACOM, 2009) warns the Bolsa will go lower.
"The Mexican Bolsa Index, lost 3.3 percent when news of the H1N1 flu first appeared on
The Mexican Peso has lost 4.6% to the U.S. dollar since the outbreak. "Not only does the Peso have a negative outlook, but the economy will be even harder hit than the 4.8% decline that the Central Bank projects," says Smith.
To gain perspective, Smith examines the SARS episode in
If you're looking to profit in this wild market, Smith says "wait." "There could definitely be a buying opportunity in both Mexican bonds and equities, but it's too soon to tell how long this could go on."
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher