|By PR Newswire||
|April 7, 2009 08:03 AM EDT||
Includes Two Gold Albums And The Pop Hits "Everybody Loves Somebody," "(Remember Me) I'm The One Who Loves You" And "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You"
The initial six releases from one of the most popular entertainers in history are French Style, Dino Latino, Dream With Dean, (Remember Me) I'm The One Who Loves You, Dean Martin Hits Again and Sittin' On Top Of The World. They follow the
The iPhone application features a discography with the ability to preview tracks and buy albums (via the iTunes store), photos which the user can send as electronic postcards, a memory game involving matching Dean photos, and a news feed.
A timeless icon who defined the smooth, suave, seductive crooner, Martin boasted more than 30 albums, 12 of them certified gold. He originally signed to Capitol Records, where he scored several major hits. He moved to Reprise, the imprint formed by pal
French Style was Martin's first Reprise album and featured "April In Paris," "C'est Si Bon" and "Gigi." Continuing the Continental theme, Dino Latino mined Spanish influences for "Manana (Is Soon Enough For Me)," "South Of The Border" and "Besame Mucho." His first Reprise gold album arrived with Dream With Dean, which showcased his late night lounge singer vibe with the album version of the gold, #1 smash "Everybody Loves Somebody" as well as "Smile" and "My Melancholy Baby."
(Remember Me) I'm The One Who Loves You introduced the pop-country style that would mark some of his biggest hits, such as this gold album's Top 40 title track, "I Don't Think You Love Me Anymore" and "King Of The Road." Dean Martin Hits Again reprised his Top 40 "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You" alongside new recordings such as the Pop Top 40s "Send Me The Pillow You Dream On" and "In The Chapel In The Moonlight." Several years later, Sittin' On Top Of The World found Martin returning to the standards with "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles," "Almost Like Being In Love" and its title track.
Said Recording Academy president
SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher