|By iPhone News Desk||
|March 4, 2009 05:10 AM EST||
Amazon has Released Kindle for iPhone - a free download that requires an iPhone or iPod Touch with the iPhone/iPod Touch 2.1 software update installed. Kindle for iPhone lets you buy Kindle e-books on your computer, then transfer them to your iPhone or iPod touch over WiFi.
It's a free download via a new Kindle for iPhone page in Apple's iTunes App Store.
From a starting-point of just over 500 when it launched in July, Apple's App Store already has about 15,000 applications available and downloads have surpassed 500 million. So it's with a great sense of excitement that SYS-CON's iPhone Developer Summit, already in its third year, has been receiving proposals from qualified expert speakers for the upcoming East coast event, being held June 22 in New York City.
The submission URL for speakers is here.
For those who are trying to stake a claim for early prominence in the mobile economy, this is an excellent event to speak at.
Submissions on the most timely aspects of iPhone development as well as iPhone applications are currently welcome, including those on subjects such as:
- Web Development for iPhone
- SDK Development for iPhone
- iPhone Development tools 101
- How do I get my iPhone Application accepted by Apple?
- Game Development
- Data Management
- Marketing an iPhone App
- Enterprise Mobility with the iPhone
- Multi-Touch Technologies
- User Experience
- Audio & Video
- Tools & Frameworks
- Taking on Objective-C/C++ and Cocoa
- iPhone Development tools 101
- Database driven applications on the iPhone
- iPhone GUI Design
iPhone Developer Summit (www.iphonedevsummit.com) is chaired by Ian Thain. In a Letter from the Tech Chair at the conference Website, Thain writes: "With the iPhone more than earning its place in the consumer market, it is now being adopted by enterprises. In fact, many believe that the iPhone will be the most adopted enterprise device in 2009."
About the iPhone Developer Summit Tech Chair:
Ian Thain is Senior Technical Evangelist at Sybase Inc, where he works on the Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP). He is also Editor of iPhone Developer's Magazine. Thain is an expert technologist has been involved in Enterprise Mobility from 2003 and in his customer facing role, he is very involved with the design, production and testing of Enterprise class UnWired Solutions that have been implemented using Sybase's UnWired tools for Sybase customers around the globe.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?