|By Virtualization News||
|February 7, 2009 05:00 AM EST||
Agilysys has announced that they have integrated their NextManager solution with Evolution Robotics Retail's LaneHawk product to help provide retailers with an increased level of bottom-of-basket security.
Agilysys recently partnered with Evolution Robotics to assist retailers with detecting and recognizing items on the bottom of a shopping cart, and then sending the UPC information to the point-of-sale system via an Ethernet connection. This process helps to ensure that stores get paid for their BOB items. By integrating its NextManager solution with LaneHawk, Agilysys is taking the process one step further, as the combined products proactively address all facets of losses arising from the bottom of the basket, including theft, forgetfulness, sweethearting or lapses in training.
"The integration between the two products helps to increase BOB security for retailers by adding an override to the register display. The override triggers an alert to NextManager, notifying managers of non-tendered merchandise before it leaves the store," said Paul Civils, senior vice president and general manager of Agilysys Retail Solutions Group. "If a BOB item has been missed, a cashier will be notified on his/her point-of-sale terminal. If the cashier opts to clear the override without ringing up the item, an alert will then be sent to the store manager notifying them of this occurrence."
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher