|By Business Wire||
|February 28, 2013 11:30 AM EST||
ABI Research evaluates technology vendors critical to monetizing 4G networks in the “Next Generation Optimization, DPI, and Policy” Competitive Assessment. These three technologies are essential for operators to maximize the profitability of their 4G investments and represent a $20B market opportunity for vendors in the next 5 years. The overall leaders considering both Innovation and Implementation are Bytemobile (Web and Video Optimization), Sandvine (DPI), and Broadhop/Cisco (Policy). A key focus in this assessment considers the 4G network evolution to a distributed architecture, and with this in mind:
- Bytemobile Unison and T3100 platforms provide the right granularity of processing power to distribute web and video optimization into the 4G network, can scale with operators from less than 1M to over 100M subscribers, and pack extra functions, such as DPI, into the package.
- Sandvine Policy Traffic Switch provides the high performance needed for inline DPI, scales to operator needs with different models, and supports a hierarchical and distributed PCRF PCEF/DPI.
- Broadhop/Cisco Quantum Suite wins by a nose in the fiercely competitive Policy (PCRF) market with many advanced features for operators to differentiate and monetize their 4G brands.
The leaders at the 4G control points must continually innovate to maintain their lead as the virtualization cloud, and eventually SDN, moves into this market. “Virtualization aligns with the 4G distributed architecture, and we see those vendors moving fast,” says Joe Hoffman, principal analyst at ABI Research. “Virtualized and cloud oriented vendors to watch include F5 Networks Policy Enforcement Manager, Opera/Skyfire Rocket Optimizer, and Tekelec with their recently announced virtualization and SDN strategy.”
These findings are part of ABI Research’s new report, “Next Generation Optimization, DPI, and Policy”. This is published as a part of the Next Generation Optimization, DPI and Policy (http://www.abiresearch.com/research/service/next-generation-optimization-dpi-policy/) Research Service which includes Research Reports, Market Data, Insights, and Competitive Assessments.
ABI Research provides in-depth analysis and quantitative forecasting of trends in global connectivity and other emerging technologies. From offices in North America, Europe and Asia, ABI Research’s worldwide team of experts advises thousands of decision makers through 70+ research and advisory services. Est. 1990. For more information visit www.abiresearch.com, or call +1.516.624.2500.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks