|By PR Newswire||
|February 27, 2013 08:45 PM EST||
SAN ISIDRO, Peru, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Department for Tourism Security within the Ministry of Exterior Commerce and Tourism for Peru (MINCETUR) announced that American tourists Garrett Hand and Jamie Neal have spoken with their respective families today. Garrett Hand accepted MINCETUR's offer of assistance to arrange a telephone call so that he could put his mother's concerns to rest.
The tourists arrived in the city of Loreto in a Peruvian Amazon town called Angoteros, on February 26, 2013. The couple is safe and healthy after a 44-day trip through Peru. During this visit they toured Tacna, Puno, Cusco, Lima and various cities in the Peruvian Amazon.
The tourists were surprised to learn that their family, friends and the international community were concerned for their wellbeing, when they had not been heard from since the end of January.
As a result of traveling by bus, bicycle and boat in zones outside the regular tourist circuit, their access to communication by phone and internet was restricted. They have indicated that they have had an extraordinary experience during their visit to Peru.
They will next travel to Ecuador to continue their trip in South America.
MINCETUR, in coordination with the corresponding authorities, monitored the situation continually to ensure adequate support to the tourists' families who were making inquiries.
Peru welcomed 447,218 visitors from the U.S. in 2012. American visitors interested in exploring the country can rely on experienced tour operators who craft itineraries that feature activities from adventure, to culture, to cuisine.
For more information on Peru, visit: www.peru.travel/en.
Communications Director, MINCETUR
SOURCE Ministry of Exterior Commerce and Tourism for Peru
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks