|By Business Wire||
|February 27, 2013 07:30 PM EST||
Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo; President and CEO: Kazuyuki Tanaka; Capital: 15.5 billion yen; hereinafter referred to as "Hitachi Chemical") has filed a lawsuit against H&SHighTech Corporation (Head Office: Daejeon, Korea; hereinafter referred to as "H&SHighTech") with the Seoul Central District Court for H&SHighTech's infringement on Hitachi Chemical's Korean patent related to the anisotropic conductive film used for circuit connection of touch panels.
The anisotropic conductive film is an adhesive film used for circuit connection of liquid crystal displays, touch panels and so on. Since the film connects a number of microscopic electrodes at one time and realizes both conductivity and insulation, it is widely used for various electronic parts today. Hitachi Chemical has maintained top global market share since it started production and marketing the world's first anisotropic conductive film (product name: ANISOLM™) in 1984. In addition, in the field of anisotropic conductive film Hitachi Chemical owns about 600 granted patents and about 600 patent applications worldwide, and has established a global wide patent network.
The product named TGP20520AG, which H&SHighTech manufactures and sells, is an anisotropic conductive film for touch panels. Based on the Hitachi Chemical's analysis, it likely falls within the scope of rights of our Korean Patent No. 333,456. It may involve on the patent infringement of Hitachi Chemical's Korean Patent No. 333,456 that H&SHighTech's manufacturing, selling, offering to sell, or using the product in Korea. Therefore, Hitachi Chemical has filed a lawsuit against H&SHighTech, claiming patent infringement and demanding an injunctive order in Korea.
Hitachi Chemical will aggressively exercise intellectual property rights around the world to keep the competitiveness of the businesses.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher