|By Liz McMillan||
|February 27, 2013 09:45 PM EST||
"With SoftNAS, we are making powerful, complex storage technologies simple, reliable and affordable," said Bill Hood (pictured below), founder and CEO of SoftNAS, LLC. as SoftNAS announced today the immediate general availability of its SoftNAS Professional Edition and SoftNAS Essentials products, for Amazon EC2, VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
"Instead of multiple devices or software deployments with steep learning curves," Hood continued, "our technology was designed to work within existing architectures. Anyone who understands virtualization can have SoftNAS up and running in no time."
SoftNAS provides network attached storage (NAS) for cloud computing, available as software-as-a-service or as an in-house addition to a server room.
"SoftNAS is a seamless file storage solution," Hood explained. The industry has already taken notice, he said. (CRN included SoftNAS on its list of the top 10 hot storage technologies for 2013.)
SoftNAS, Hood noted, "provides 'Big Data' NAS capabilities at affordable prices for small to medium businesses, data centers and managed service providers and government agencies."
"It comes as no surprise to us that CRN put us on their list of the year's hottest storage technologies," he said.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?