|By Business Wire||
|February 27, 2013 12:10 PM EST||
SHI International Corp., one of North America's top 20 largest IT solutions providers, today announced that it has been named the Americas recipient of a VMware Partner Network Award in the SMB and Renewals categories. The awards were presented at VMware Partner Exchange 2013, VMware’s annual partner event, on Feb. 26 in Las Vegas.
“We are pleased to recognize the achievements made in 2012 by members of the VMware partner ecosystem,” said Colleen Kapase, senior director, Partner Readiness. “VMware Partner Exchange is dedicated to educating and equipping our partner ecosystem with the resources and insights they need to help deliver first-class solutions for the software-defined datacenter in the coming year. We congratulate SHI on winning a VMware Partner Network Award and we look forward to our mutual success in 2013.”
“SHI is honored to accept these awards, which serve as a testament to the strong bonds, support, and growth shared by our two organizations,” said Thai Lee, President and CEO of SHI International. “Over the past five years, VMware has become one of SHI’s most trusted partners and has helped us elevate the level of conversation with customers to focus on more comprehensive and strategic data center solutions. Our relationship with VMware is a true partnership, one that benefits our customers above all else, and we look forward to nurturing that partnership for years to come.”
Partner recipients of a VMware Partner Network Award in the Americas were acknowledged by VMware in 17 categories for their excellence in performance and distinctive achievements during 2012:
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service Competency Partner of the Year
- Management Competency Partner of Year
- SMB Partner of the Year
- Solution Provider of the Year
- Public Sector Partner of the Year
- Infrastructure Virtualization Competency Partner of the Year
- Business Continuity Competency Partner of the Year
- Desktop Competency Partner of the Year
- Renewals Partner of the Year
- Training (VATC) Partner of the Year
- Distributor of the Year
- Emerging Markets Partner of the Year
- VMware vFabric™ Competency Partner of the Year
- VMware Service Provider Program (VSPP) Partner of the Year
- Consulting and Integration Partner of the Year
- Virtualization of Business Critical Applications Competency Partner of the Year
- Partner Executive MVP
About VMware Partner Exchange 2013
VMware Partner Exchange 2013 is the leading global event for virtualization and cloud partners, bringing thousands of members from the VMware partner ecosystem together to discuss the future of the industry. With more than 200 sessions, including boot camps, breakouts, and workshops, as well as an extensive exhibitor pavilion, partners gain valuable insight on how to leverage new technologies to deliver the software-defined datacenter to customers. To learn more about VMware Partner Exchange, visit www.vmwarepartnerexchange.com.
Founded in 1989, SHI International Corp. is a $4 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Driven by the industry's most experienced and stable sales force and backed by software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists, and certified IT services professionals, SHI delivers custom IT solutions to Corporate, Enterprise, Public Sector, and Academic customers. With over 2,000 employees worldwide, SHI is the largest Minority and Woman Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) in the U.S. and is ranked 18th among Everything Channel's VAR 500 list of North American IT solution providers. For more information, visit http://www.SHI.com.
VMware and VMware vFabric are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word “partner” or “partnership” does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher