|By PR Newswire||
|February 27, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
- Ericom® AccessToGo for Chrome - first free NaCl-based RDP client with multi-platform support for Google Chrome OS, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux devices running Chrome
CLOSTER, New Jersey, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ericom Software, a global leader in application access and desktop virtualization solutions, today announced the release of AccessToGo for Chrome, the fastest RDP client for the Google Chrome platform. Available for free from the Google Chrome Web Store, AccessToGo provides fast and simple access to Windows desktops and applications on any RDP host, including Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDS) Session Hosts (Terminal Services) and virtual desktops. AccessToGo runs directly within the Chrome browser, and supports Chromebooks and Chromeboxes, as well as Windows, Mac OS X and Linux devices running Chrome.
Ericom AccessToGo for Chrome is built on Google Native Client (NaCl) technology. This significantly contributes to AccessToGo's speed in accessing Windows remote desktops and graphics-rich applications and content. AccessToGo's RDP performance greatly enhances user experience and productivity. AccessToGo can connect, out-of-the-box, to any supported RDP host, without requiring installation of any other software.
Furthermore, over low bandwidth remote connections, involving graphics rich content and applications, AccessToGo performance can be accelerated using Ericom Blaze RDP Acceleration. This delivers unparalleled acceleration of Chrome screen displays with complex graphics such as maps, photos, radiology images, 3D images, movies, Adobe Flash and PDF files. In Blaze mode, Ericom AccessToGo is up to 10x faster than regular RDP. To take advantage of Ericom Blaze technology, one needs to install the Ericom Blaze Server component on the target machine.
Eran Heyman, Ericom Software's CEO stated: "We are thrilled to announce AccessToGo as the fastest free RDP Chrome Web App to the Google Chrome user community. In launching Ericom AccessToGo for Chrome, Ericom is expanding our RDP client portfolio with a secure, NaCl-based app that leverages the strength and flexibility of the Chrome platform, and also providing the option to leverage Ericom Blaze high performance RDP acceleration technology. Now Chromebook users and others using the Chrome platform can instantly work and interact with remote Windows desktops – quickly, easily and at no extra cost."
Ericom AccessToGo for Chrome:
- Supports Google Chrome OS and Chrome browser (version 23 and up)
- Supports RDP servers of any flavor, including Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 Terminal Services (physical or virtual); also supports Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 as remote desktops (physical or virtual)
- Provides the fastest RDP client for Chromebooks
- The user simply enters the address of the RDP host and connects; no setup is required
- Comprehensive client platform support: Any of the following devices that are running Chrome 23 and higher are supported: Chrome OS (Chromebook and Chromebox), Windows XP / 7 / 8, both x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit); Mac OS X (Intel); Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat, Novell SUSE, etc.)
Ericom free RDP clients are also available for Mac OS X, Linux, Apple iOS, Android and BlackBerry.
Additional AccessToGo for Chrome announcements are expected in the coming months.
To download the free product, search for Ericom on the Chrome Web Store. https://chrome.google.com/webstore
Ericom Software is a leading global provider of Application Access, Virtualization and RDP Acceleration Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, legacy hosts and other systems. Ericom has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and EMEA. Ericom also has an extensive network of distributors and partners throughout North America, Europe, Asia and the Far East. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 7 million users. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
Copyright© 2013 Ericom® Software. All rights reserved. Ericom is a trademark of Ericom Software. All other brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London