|By Business Wire||
|February 26, 2013 09:00 PM EST||
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that its subsidiary Mitsubishi Electric India Pvt. Ltd. will host a new factory automation (FA) development center on its premises for business expansion in India. Scheduled for launch on March 1, the Indian FA Development Center will strengthen R&D functions in the FA business to better meet needs in the growing Indian market and global market beyond.
The Indian FA Development Center will develop programmable logic controllers and human machine interfaces by collaborating with Mitsubishi Electric India's marketing division. It also will develop basic technologies common to diverse FA products in cooperation with Mitsubishi Electric FA development centers worldwide, including the European FA Development Center in Dusseldorf, Germany, the North American FA Development Centers in Boston and Chicago, U.S.A and the China Design Center in Dalian, China.
The center, the newest technical division of Mitsubishi Electric India's Pune branch, will launch with a workforce of 37 including two Japanese employees.
Mitsubishi Electric has been strengthening its Indian business through measures including the acquisition of a local FA manufacturer in 2012. The company aims to grow in line with India's rapidly expanding FA market, especially in the fields of automotives, textiles, pharmaceuticals and food and beverage.
About Mitsubishi Electric India Pvt. Ltd.
|Managing Director||Shinji Yamabe|
|Headquarters||Gurgaon City, Haryana State, India|
Mitsubishi Electric Asia Pte Ltd: 70%
|Capital||INR 1.8 billion (JPY 3.1 billion)|
|Businesses||Sales and support for Mitsubishi Electric air conditioning systems, industrial automation products, power modules and visual & imaging products|
About Mitsubishi Electric
With over 90 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment. Embracing the spirit of its corporate statement, Changes for the Better, and its environmental statement, Eco Changes, Mitsubishi Electric endeavors to be a global, leading green company, enriching society with technology. The company recorded consolidated group sales of 3,639.4 billion yen (US$ 44.4 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information visit http://www.MitsubishiElectric.com
*At an exchange rate of 82 yen to the US dollar, the rate given by the Tokyo Foreign Exchange Market on March 31, 2012
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London