|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2013 11:01 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Today at VMware Partner Exchange (PEX) 2013, Atlantis Computing, the award-winning leader in data center storage optimization solutions, announced that it has surpassed the 200 customer milestone and sold more than a quarter of a million licenses to date following a year of record growth. In 2012, Atlantis Computing more than tripled its customer base and received more than a dozen prestigious industry awards and accolades including "Best of VMworld" U.S., "Best of VMworld" Europe, "Best of Citrix Synergy," Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com's 2012 "Product of the Year" award and CRN's Virtualization 100 List, while releasing breakthrough product innovations such as In-Memory Storage technology to enable the efficient virtualization of storage-intensive applications.
Earlier today Atlantis Computing released Atlantis ILIO Persistent VDI 4.0, a major new release: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/release_html_b1?release_id=990240
"2012 was a banner year for Atlantis Computing with accelerating growth of our customer base with some of the largest desktop virtualization deployments in the world. Our innovations in the area of In-Memory Storage resulted in Atlantis sweeping the most prestigious industry awards," said Bernard Harguindeguy, president and CEO of Atlantis Computing. "The fact that we have been able to more than quadruple our bookings over the last 2 years and fund our growth through our customers' business is a testament to the value that we are delivering to our customers."
Atlantis Computing was founded in 2006 with the vision of optimizing the way storage-intensive applications use data center storage when virtualized -- to reduce the amount of storage consumed, optimize the use of shared storage, boost performance, and reduce operationalization risks. Today, Atlantis ILIO is the only solution on the market that enables the deployment of both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and virtualized XenApp with no physical storage. Deployments use server RAM as primary storage leading to a better-than-PC user experience at a lower cost, all while automating installation, storage sizing and datastore creation to reduce implementation risks and to deliver working deployments faster. Atlantis ILIO will soon be available for cloud-scale deployments of server applications such as databases, mail servers, collaboration and Big Data. Atlantis ILIO is hypervisor and storage agnostic.
Atlantis Computing's deployments range from 25 users to 100,000 users across all verticals, with a significant share in mission-critical settings such as hospitals, government agencies and investment banking. Atlantis Computing has more than 200 customers around the world including JP Morgan Chase & Co., Colt -- a very large EMEA service provider, CBRE, Mid Coast Hospital, Washington Trust Bank, Hawaii Medical Services Association (HMSA), AIG and Qualcomm. To see what customers have to say about Atlantis ILIO, simply visit: http://www.atlantiscomputing.com/customers/
2012 Milestones Include:
Rapid Customer Growth
- Atlantis Computing added 128 new customers including AIG; Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota; Jackson National Life; the U.S. Army -- 7 hospitals; more than a dozen NY, Toronto, Sydney and London-based financial services organizations; many small to large schools and universities; several large retailers, manufacturing, and construction companies; more than a dozen government agencies; many small and large law firms; service providers; high technology companies; numerous healthcare providers and hospitals, large insurance companies, etc.
- Atlantis Computing had more than 40 repeat customers such as CIBC, Qualcomm and GDF Suez Energy as they scaled their deployments.
- Atlantis Computing sold more than 100,000 licenses in 2012 and more than a quarter of a million licenses to date.
Channel Partner Success
- Atlantis Computing saw more than 80% of its transactions go through its channel partners.
- Atlantis Computing added 68 new partners in 2012, now totaling more than 130 partners worldwide.
- World Wide Technologies was awarded the U.S. Amy Desktop Virtualization Project with Atlantis ILIO for 11,000 users spanning 7 military hospitals in the U.S. and Europe.
- GreenPages streamlined Mid Coast Hospital Urgent Care desktops using VMware View, Cisco UCS and Atlantis ILIO.
- Centralis helped Fellowes cut VDI storage costs, improve desktop performance and scale their deployment with Atlantis ILIO.
New and Expanded Go-To-Market Partnerships & Certifications
- Citrix - Atlantis Computing is a Citrix Ready® Premier Partner and recently published a joint reference architecture that included Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V and Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI. To read the reference architecture, visit: http://www.atlantiscomputing.com/citrixdiskless
- VMware - Atlantis Computing was named a VMware TAP Elite partner and added to the VMware Hardware Compatibility List (HCL). Atlantis Computing was a key partner in the VMware Mobile Secure Desktop solution to improve the user experience while driving down costs. VMware also commissioned a joint reference architecture with VMware View 5.1 and Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI, which was tested by GlassHouse in VMware Labs. To read the reference architecture, visit: http://www.atlantiscomputing.com/viewdiskless
- Cisco - Atlantis Computing was a featured partner of the Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI) architecture for desktop computing and collaboration. A Cisco UCS and Atlantis ILIO joint solution bundle was also launched in the Japanese market. Cisco certified Atlantis ILIO for use in the Cisco Integrated Service Routers (ISR) with Cisco UCS E-series server modules as part of its "Office in a Box" branch office VDI solution. Atlantis Computing was made a Cloud Connect partner.
- Dell - Atlantis Computing entered into a worldwide reseller agreement with Dell.
- VCE - Atlantis Computing was certified as VCE Vblock Ready with key customer wins including Colt and large financial services organizations.
- Fusion-io - Atlantis Computing entered into a partnership with Fusion-io to provide a joint solution for persistent virtual desktops. For more information, visit: http://www.fusionio.com/overviews/persistent-vdi-fusion-io-and-atlantis-ilio
Industry Accolades and Awards
- Atlantis Computing won the "Best of VMworld" award at VMworld 2012 U.S. for Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI in the desktop virtualization category.
- Colt Technology Services won the "Best of VMworld" Europe award as the best desktop virtualization deployment for its 10,000 users Agilisys Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) project deployed with Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI.
- Atlantis Computing won the "Citrix Ready Best of Synergy" award at Citrix Synergy 2012 Europe for Atlantis ILIO in the desktop category.
- Atlantis Computing won the 2012 "Product of the Year" award from Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com.
- Atlantis Computing European Lead Solutions Consultant Jim Moyle was awarded the prestigious Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) Award, becoming one of just 10 virtualization experts worldwide to receive the CTP award in 2012.
- Atlantis Computing was named one of the Coolest Startups by both CloudTimes and CRN.
- Atlantis Computing was included on CRN's Virtualization 100 List for its high performance, cost-effective, easy-to-deploy solution.
- Atlantis Computing was named a Hot Storage Startup by EnterpriseStorageForum.
- Atlantis Computing was listed as one of the vendors gaining mindshare by Cloud Computing Journal.
- Atlantis Computing was selected to be part of GigaOM's Structure LaunchPad and launched Atlantis ILIO FlexCloud 1.0 onstage -- the launch was called one of the hottest product launches.
New Product Innovations
- Atlantis Computing released Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI to deliver In-Memory storage for stateless virtual desktops -- enabling fully automated deployments with no physical storage or SSDs.
- Atlantis Computing released support for Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer.
- Atlantis Computing released Atlantis ILIO for Citrix XenApp -- with In-Memory technology to enable XenApp virtualization with no physical storage or SSDs, while automating storage sizing and deployment.
- Atlantis Computing released Atlantis ILIO Center with Deployment Services to fully automate multi-rack deployments and enable Disaster Recovery for thousands of users. In service in some of the largest deployments today.
- Atlantis Computing launched Atlantis ILIO FlexCloud 1.0 which makes it possible to deliver server workloads such as databases, mail servers, file servers and Big Data on-demand in a virtual data center without the traditional constraints of storage.
Memory VDI and In-Memory XenApp Technology
Unlike traditional storage, Atlantis ILIO In-Memory technology decouples performance from the traditional limitations of disk-based storage by running all sessions directly on server RAM -- as primary storage -- to provide unparalleled performance, including 12 second boot time, near-instant application launches and improvements to the user experience such as allowing the use of Windows Index and Search Service that deliver desktop and email searches near-instantly. Atlantis ILIO In-Memory based implementations have very low CAPEX and OPEX since there is either no physical storage at all or very little to install, manage and maintain. In addition, because all sessions run on RAM, the amount of storage traffic sent over the network is drastically reduced, addressing a key VDI and virtualized XenApp deployment risk. Further, deployments are streamlined with sophisticated tools for automated installation, configuration, storage sizing, data store creation -- and automated HA configuration.
About Atlantis Computing
Atlantis Computing, winner of "Best of VMworld" and "Best of Citrix Synergy" awards, addresses the challenges of storage-intensive virtualized and cloud applications: performance, cost and the ability to scale-out on demand. Atlantis ILIO complements existing virtualization solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware and enables the most efficient use of data center storage by any virtual machine, fully automates deployments and lowers implementation risks. Atlantis Computing is privately held and funded by Cisco Systems, El Dorado Ventures and Partech International with headquarters in Mountain View, California and offices in Europe. For more information, visit: www.atlantiscomputing.com.
Atlantis Computing, Atlantis ILIO and Atlantis ILIO Diskless VDI, In-Memory VDI, Atlantis ILIO for XenApp, Atlantis ILIO FlexCloud and Atlantis ILIO Persistent VDI are trademarks of Atlantis Computing, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Follow Atlantis Computing on Twitter: @AtlantisILIO
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher