|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Nimble Storage, the leading provider of flash-optimized hybrid storage solutions, today announced a reference storage design to complement VMware® Horizon View 5.2 for midsized VDI deployments. Nimble Storage SmartStack for VDI with VMware is a VDI reference architecture for midsized and enterprise deployments. The pre-validated solution is delivered by a network of joint channel partners leveraging the easy-to-deploy and sell reference architecture. The fully validated and tested reference architecture eliminates the complexities of configuring compute, networking and storage.
- Validated designs for 300 users and up leveraging a three rack unit Nimble Storage CS200 Series and VMware Horizon View 5.2 simplifies the initial sizing and planning exercise while lowering the risk of deploying VDI for resource-constrained IT
- Modular product architecture enables scaling to match VDI and organizational growth without upfront capital expenses
- VDI operational benefits include faster onboarding of new VDI users, lower management overhead, reduction in helpdesk calls plus power, space, and cooling savings
- Nimble Storage will be announcing channel incentives and go-to-market programs for validated SmartStack for VDI with VMware at VMware Partner Exchange (February 25 - 28, 2013)
"IT departments may not have the expertise to integrate separate best-of-breed solutions for VDI," said Mason Uyeda, director of technical marketing, End-User Computing, VMware. "Nimble SmartStack for VDI with VMware Horizon View 5.2 offers our mutual customers and channel partners a simple, cost-effective solution for hundreds of VDI users that is easy to deploy and scales as organizational needs grow."
"We are committed to providing real ROI to our end users through our value-added reseller community," said Mike Munoz, vice president of sales at Nimble Storage. "To help our channel partners deliver real business benefits, we are happy to support VMware Horizon View 5.2 and will be announcing new go-to-market programs and incentives for SmartStack for VDI at VMware's Partner Exchange."
"Together Cisco, Nimble and VMware have made VDI easy to manage and very cost-effective," said Suzette Allaire, CIO, Lindquest & Vennum. "We can now scale our VMware View environment at a moment's notice -- adding a block of new users in a lot less time that it took us with our previous solution. This has given us the ability to better serve our customers inside the organization and embark more quickly on new projects."
- Nimble Storage will be announcing incentives and go-to-market programs at VMware Partner Exchange Feb. 25 - 28 (booth 802)
- Solution portal: Nimble Storage SmartStack for VDI with Cisco and VMware
- Reference Architecture: Nimble Storage SmartStack for VDI with Cisco and VMware
- Solution Brief: VDI for Midsize Businesses
- Case Study: Lindquist & Vennum Supercharges Their Desktop Infrastructure
- Case Study: University of Colorado Boulder Housing and Dining Services Goes Green with New VDI
- Blog: Deploying VDI for Midsized Sized Business is a Simple, Affordable Reality
- Nimble Storage will be exhibiting at Cisco Live in Melbourne March 5- 8, 2013
About Nimble Storage
Nimble Storage believes enterprises should not have to compromise on performance, capacity, ease of use, or price. Nimble has developed the first hybrid storage architecture engineered from the ground up to seamlessly integrate flash and high-capacity drives. Our customers enjoy as much as 10 times faster application performance, enhanced backup and disaster recovery, and stress-free operations--all while lowering their TCO. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners. For more information, visit www.nimblestorage.com and follow us on Twitter: @nimblestorage.
©Nimble Storage and CASL are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nimble Storage. Other trade names or words used in this document are the properties of their respective owners.
VMware and VMware Horizon View are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2239809
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London