|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2013 12:05 AM EST||
BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- CalAmp Corp. (NASDAQ: CAMP), a leading provider of wireless products, services and solutions, showcased today at the Mobile World Congress Conference and Exhibition in Barcelona the Company's new Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Application Programming Interface (API) software, which facilitates a high degree of device customization for various mobile resource management (MRM) andM2M applications including fleet management, insurance, industrial remote monitoring, vehicle tracking, stolen vehicle recovery and remote start, lock and unlock.
The powerful M2M API will enable customers to easily optimize CalAmp's wireless devices for specific applications, helping them to quickly meet vertical market needs and differentiate their offerings. In addition, the M2M API will be very flexible and compatible with CalAmp's PEG embedded alert engine and both Linux and Android-based products.
"With this new M2M API now part of our broad device portfolio, our customers can readily expand and tailor the capabilities of our wireless devices for their particular application and offering," said Greg Gower, Sr. Vice President and General Manager of CalAmp's MRM business. "This capability enables a number of value-added features such as driver logs in fleet management, safety analytics in personal and commercial auto insurance, and machine protocol support for various industrial applications."
The first CalAmp products to include the Company's new M2M API are the LMU-4220, ideal for various high-value fleet management deployments and the rugged LMU-4520, which targets mining and construction markets, both featuring CalAmp's pioneering PEG system. The M2M API will be downloadable over the air via CalAmp's pioneering device configuration, control and management system, PULS.
For more information about CalAmp products and services, please visit Hall 7 booth 7A29 at the Mobile World Congress Conference and Exhibition in Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 25 through 28, 2013 or visit www.calamp.com.
CalAmp Corp. (NASDAQ: CAMP) is a proven leader in providing wireless communications solutions to a broad array of vertical market applications and customers. CalAmp's extensive portfolio of intelligent communications devices, robust and scalable cloud service platform, and targeted software applications streamline otherwise complex machine-to-machine (M2M) deployments. These solutions enable customers to optimize their operations by collecting, monitoring and efficiently reporting business critical data and desired intelligence from high-value remote assets. For more information, please visit www.calamp.com.
AT THE COMPANY:
Sr. VP of Marketing and Business Development
AT ADDO COMMUNICATIONS:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London