|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 12:02 AM EST||
READING, England, February 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Acision, the global leader in mobile messaging, today announced the availability of its leading Rich Communication Suite (RCS) services, as a hosted solution from the Acision Cloud environment. First launched in October 2011, the Acision Cloud model enables mobile operators to quickly and cost effectively respond to rapidly changing technology developments and end user preferences, by having the ability to access and offer customers new rich services while maximising their revenue-generating potential. By delivering RCS from the cloud, Acision is enabling operators to launch Rich Messaging quickly and with limited up-front cost, without the need to deploy an IMS Core. Since the beginning of 2012, RCS has been offered as a key service on Acision's consolidated messaging platform, Acision Broadband Messaging Service Centre (BMSC).
In today's IP-centric world, where time to market and enriching user experience is everything, mobile operators around the globe are investing in rich and superior services to enhance the user experience, based on platforms such as IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) - which can be a costly and complex infrastructure implementation. By offering mobile operators easy access to Acision's hosted RCS solution, operators can bring richer services to market faster with easy connectivity, flexibility and delivery models, including:
- RCS5, including SMS and MMS interworking
- Social Networks integration
- Triggering for consumer services
- Open APIs for enterprise content and services
All this is the basis for new revenue streams through new value added consumer services and enterprise applications.
"Acision offers a high level of flexibility in its delivery options and business models for RCS. For operators that require in-network delivery, we can deploy our hardware independent RCS solution either on their dedicated hardware or in the operator's private cloud environment. For operators that are looking to minimise time to market and investments, and launch RCS without having to deploy an IMS Core, we can deliver RCS as a service from the Acision cloud environment. A quick, easy and cost effective option to RCS delivery without the added complexity of IMS," said Jorgen Nilsson, Chief Executive Officer at Acision. "By virtualising our solutions operators can access and deploy the latest rich services, and scale these easily without the hefty costs traditionally associated with deployment, which also enables greater economies of scale across operator groups and alliances. RCS from the cloud enhances our proposition to rapidly deliver IP-based, rich messaging services in 2013, and builds on our 20 years of messaging expertise in evolving the messaging ecosystem."
Now available in Acision's cloud or as a virtualised offering, mobile operators can access Acision's RCS solutions from virtually any location in the world. Acision's data centres will deliver scalable, reliable connectivity to multiple domestic and international sites underpinned by fibre backbone networks and undersea cabling. This will ensure that operators can take advantage of easily monetised rich messaging services with cost effective expenditure and investment in bandwidth costs. Furthermore, the data centres will be backed up by 24/7 support, complimented with Acision's complete KPI and service intelligence reporting, to test and gauge usage results of the services delivered in the cloud.
NOTES TO EDITORS
As the global leader in mobile messaging, Acision connects the world by powering relevant, seamless messaging services, which enrich the mobile communications experience and create new opportunities for carriers and enterprises across the world. For more information, visit Acision at http://www.acision.com
About Acision Broadband Messaging Service Centre
As Acision's enabler of RCS, Acision Broadband Messaging Service Centre (BMSC) is a consolidated messaging platform, providing the full set of messaging services, including SMS, MMS, voicemail and the GSMA's Rich Communication Suite (RCS) of services such as instant messaging, group chat, file transfer and video sharing.
As a unique value add to operators, Acision BMSC goes beyond RCS standards by enabling a consistent user experience across all messaging services:
- 3rd parties and enterprises benefit from richer messaging services using RCS capabilities as enhancements to the popular SMS / MMS services we know today.
- Value added personalized services (auto-reply, copy forward, parental control) applied across SMS, MMS and RCS.
- Seamless interworking across mobile and internet messaging communities and social networks.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks