|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2013 12:02 AM EST||
MADRID, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- The Merchant Risk Council (MRC) today announced that cybercrime expert Mish Glenny will keynote its 2013 European Congress on 18 April at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, London. The annual global event unites online and multi-channel retailers, card networks, card issuers, law enforcement agencies and solution providers to make the Internet a preferred place to shop and do business.
"We are thrilled to have Mr. Glenny at this year's congress to discuss trends in cybercrime, key players and the influence on payments, fraud and e-commerce," said Nicolas Vedrenne, managing director for Europe. "His expert opinion and timely and thought provoking comments will be invaluable for our merchants who manage risk reduction strategies for influential brands and global companies."
The keynote address is sponsored by Kount, a global solutions provider that helps businesses reduce fraud. "We proudly support the mission of the Merchant Risk Council," said Don Bush, vice president of marketing for Kount. "For over a decade they have been helping online retailers stay on top of the latest technology to advance their businesses and reduce their exposure to fraudulent activities."
Glenny is most widely known as an investigative journalist, author and broadcaster. He is one of the world's leading experts on cybercrime and on global mafia networks. His most recent book, Dark Market, deals specifically with cybercriminals and computer hackers. A regular broadcaster on radio and television, Glenny serves as a policy advisor to several southern European countries and informally consults with the British Foreign Office, US State Department and the British Army.
ABOUT THE MRC: The Merchant Risk Council (MRC) is a merchant-led non-profit trade association focused on electronic commerce risk and payments globally. The MRC leads industry networking, education, benchmarking and advocacy programs to make electronic commerce more efficient, safe and profitable.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, the MRC has a European office in Madrid, Spain. Learn more at www.merchantriskcouncil.org.
TELEPHONE: +1 206.364.2789 ext. 117
EMAIL: Email Contact
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks