|By Marketwired .||
|February 26, 2013 12:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/26/13 -- Tintrí, Inc., the leading producer of VM-aware storage platforms, today announced a new reference architecture to deliver a high-performance, low-cost infrastructure for VMware Horizon View 5.2 that sets a new bar for both price and performance. Testing at VMware labs validated the reference architecture for 1,000 simultaneous VDI users at "Ultrabook" level performance from a single Tintrí storage appliance. The Tintrí results delivered high performance, while operating at a low cost. With no tuning or special configuration, the Tintrí storage platform went from power-on to storing the first VM in only eight minutes and 1,000 desktops were fully deployed in only one hour and two minutes.(1)
The reference architecture validation tests were conducted with a single Tintrí VMstore T540 and enough server and network infrastructure to support 1,000 concurrent desktops. Testing utilized the VMware Horizon View planner tool for simulated end-user desktop activity and yielded a Horizon View planner score indicative of what an end-user on a local "Ultrabook" would experience.
"VDI projects can become challenged when scaled up deployments do not meet performance expectations when using traditional storage," said Kieran Harty, Tintrí CEO. "Tintrí, with a purpose-built VM-aware file system, solves these issues in a storage platform that is simple to deploy, requires absolutely no tuning or special configuration and has been proven in testing and at customer sites to meet the performance needs for large-scale VDI deployments."
"We are pleased to be working with Tintrí to help deliver simplicity and ease of use to VMware® Horizon View environments," said Mason Uyeda, director, technical marketing, VMware. "Tintrí's reference architecture can provide virtual desktop scale and high performance that is predictable and linear at a very low cost per desktop."
Highlights of the Reference Architecture Testing
- Tintrí storage ready for first VM within eight minutes of power-on;
- No special tuning or configuration settings required for full reference architecture testing;
- New standard for VDI deployment:
- 1,000 VCAI clones were fully deployed in 1 hour, 2 minutes
- 1,000 VCAI clones recomposed in 1 hour, 56 minutes
- Full Tintrí support for VAAI and VCAI enables cloning to be offloaded to the Tintrí storage platform, yielding high-performance, space-efficient clones;
- Virtual desktop user experience equivalent to local "Ultrabook" level performance;
- Both desktop VMs and server VMs hosted on same Tintrí datastore.
Tintrí and VMware's joint customers have successfully deployed VMware Horizon View and Tintrí storage for their VDI projects. One customer, a large financial institution, is currently supporting a mix of 350 desktop and server VMs on a single Tintrí storage node, while eliminating storage-related performance problems that plagued earlier trials using legacy storage. Another customer, Swisslos Interkantonale Landeslotterie, the Swiss lottery operator, currently has more than 400 virtual desktops running on the joint Tintrí, VMware Horizon View solution. With the deployment of the Tintrí reference architecture for VMware Horizon View, these and other customers have seen improvements in end user desktop performance, reduced management overhead and a reduction in their total infrastructure costs.
"We chose Tintrí and VMware® Horizon View for our VDI deployment because of the exceptional desktop performance we could provide to all of our users at a very cost-effective price," said Ramon Garay, Manager IT Service Desk & Client Server at Swisslos Interkantonale Landeslotterie. "Not only are our users happy, but we've also reduced the amount of setup, tuning and ongoing management time required to keep the infrastructure running at peak performance."
Learn More About Running VDI with Tintrí and VMware
For more information on the lab validation, visit http://go.tintri.com/esg-tintri-vdi-lab-validaton-report.pdf.
About Tintrí, Inc.
Designed from the ground-up for flash and virtualization, Tintrí's VM-aware storage appliance delivers flash performance at disk prices with intuitive management specifically for VMs. Customers such as Semmes-Murphey, SonicWALL and TIBCO have simplified storage management, increased performance and achieved ROI in as little as 60 days with Tintrí for both virtual server and desktop environments. Tintrí was co-founded by Dr. Kieran Harty, who was formerly the EVP of Engineering at VMware. Tintrí's team also includes senior leaders from Citrix, Data Domain, Google, NetApp and Riverbed. Tintrí is a privately held company based in Mountain View, CA, with sales offices in Europe and Asia.
VMware and Horizon View are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
LEWIS Pulse for Tintri
+1 415 432 2445
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher