|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2013 11:23 PM EST||
Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO: 6502) today announced the launch of new microSDHC Memory Cards based on SeeQVaultTM technology that will provide a flexible platform for storing and distributing high definition content.
SeeQVault is a leading-edge content protection technology developed by Toshiba Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Sony Corporation, that is licensed through NSM Initiatives LLC (NSM is an abbreviation of Next Generation Secure Memory Initiative). The technology applies bidirectional authentication with a unique identifier and public key infrastructure to assure consumers can enjoy a high level secure environment for storing and distributing of High Definition (HD) content. The technology can be integrated into flash memory cards and the devices that run them, and NSM Initiatives LLC started to license it to device manufacturers and content service providers on February 25.
SeeQVault provides people access to the latest digital content and to be free to enjoy it across platforms. The SeeQVault card can be used for playback of content in a smart phone, a tablet or a TV, while assuring a high level secure environment.
The initial product line-up will cover 16GB and 32GB capacities compatible with the Ultra High Speed Bus I and the UHS Speed Class 1. Toshiba will start delivery of sample products in March and will move to commercialization by the end of 2013.
|Capacity||Max bus speed||Sample release|
|32GB||40MB/sec||20MB/sec||End of March, 2013|
|16GB||40MB/sec||20MB/sec||End of March, 2013|
1. A maximum write speed 20MB/sec and read speed 40MB/sec.
2. Compliant with SD Memory Card version 3.0 and Ultra High Speed Bus I.
3. Also compatible SDHC devices complaint with SD Memory Card version 2.0.
4. Supports CPRM technology in standard SD Memory Cards.
SeeQVault is a trademark of NSM Initiatives LLC.
Memory New Business Development Department
|Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.|
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more
than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and
annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion).
Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks