|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 01:42 PM EST||
HORSHAM, Pa., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Motorola today announced that its award-winning DreamGallery™ technology is newly available on an expanded range of devices—thanks to new virtualization technology.
DreamGallery now uses virtualized cloud-rendering to make TV experiences as rich and easy as surfing the Web—on a variety of devices, including low-cost, entry-level Motorola set-tops. DreamGallery traditionally requires set-tops capable of running an HTML5 browser, but this new virtual module renders HTML5 in the cloud, enabling service providers to offer advanced, dynamic and personalized entertainment experiences to more existing subscribers. The new module is flexible, scalable and low-latency, providing a consistent and snappy user experience on existing Motorola set-tops that would not otherwise have the memory or processing power to deliver DreamGallery.
"DreamGallery is extending its award-winning multi-screen navigation and entertainment experience to millions of Motorola set-tops in subscriber homes today," said John Burke, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Converged Solutions, Motorola Mobility. "Consumers want to find content faster and enjoy it on any device. Our service provider customers are eager to address this demand with rich DreamGallery experiences, but are constrained by the cost and complexity of upgrading their set-top boxes. Now, this cloud-based virtual module lets them deliver this next-generation experience to more subscribers."
DreamGallery is the user navigation component of Motorola's Medios+ platform for multi-screen video distribution. DreamGallery's next-generation entertainment experience has already been widely deployed in Europe. And its footprint is growing in North America: Verizon being the latest service provider announcing plans to use DreamGallery to let its consumers navigate thousands of titles on FiOS Home in the United States.
Now, DreamGallery is taking that even further, enabling quick and personalized searches, customized media, and smart recommendations—on more devices. The advantage is clear: consumers can find exactly what they want on their favorite screen.
Key advantages of the DreamGallery virtual module include:
- DreamGallery technology for a dynamic, Internet-like TV experience on legacy devices
- Consistent DreamGallery experience with all HTML5 browser-based devices (set-tops, tablets, smartphones and other connected devices)
- Leverages the advanced HTML5 cloud rendering capabilities of ActiveVideo Networks' CloudTV H5™ platform for low-latency H.264 or MPEG2 delivery and seamless content navigation and consumption
For more information on DreamGallery visit the product page.
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
Media Contact (for media and analysts only):
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2013 Motorola Mobility, LLC. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Motorola Mobility
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher