|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2013 06:42 AM EST||
The DECT Forum, the international association of the wireless home and enterprise communication industry, is pleased to announce the foundation of the ULE Alliance. The mission of the Alliance is to establish ULE (Ultra Low Energy) as the world’s leading control network eco-system for home and building use. ULE is based on the proven reliability and range of the DECT radio technology currently in use in hundred of million’s of products worldwide.
The ULE Alliance, a non-profit organization, based in Bern, Switzerland, promotes the worldwide allocation and market adoption of the ULE Technology. The ULE Alliance is initiated by the DECT Forum. Founding (promoter) members of the Alliance are: DECT Forum, Dialog Semiconductor, DSP Group, Gigaset and Vtech.
ULE can be used for many end applications where reliable in-house communications is required. The Alliance will focus on three initial application segments for ULE technology: Home Automation, Security and Climate Control.
“ULE is the best-of-class technology which represents the next evolution in home networking. ULE will revolutionize the connectivity between home appliances and will put control in the hand of the end user to significantly reduce the energy consumption”, says Andreas Zipp, Board member of the ULE Alliance. “We believe that ULE will bring new growth opportunities in a sizeable market with many exciting applications.”
The ULE Alliance allows its members to quickly develop new products in the area of Home Automation, Security and Climate Control by ensuring perfect interoperability between products of different vendors. For more information about the different types and benefits of membership please visit the ULE Alliance website: www.ulealliance.org
About ULE Alliance:
The ULE Alliance is an international association, which promotes the ULE technology worldwide in the area of Home Automation, Security and Climate Control. ULE benefits from the maturity, the existing supply chain and install base of DECT. The ULE Alliance is based in Bern, Switzerland. Founding and promoter members are: DECT Forum, Dialog Semiconductor, DSP Group, Gigaset and Vtech. Adopter members are currently: AVM, Binatone, Dosch&Amand, RTX. Website: www.ulealliance.org
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks