|By JCN Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 06:34 AM EST||
In Europe, TMC entered a "TS030 Hybrid" equipped with a full-fledged hybrid racing system in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) last year and won three out of six races. This year, TMC will race an improved version of the vehicle. Although the TS030 Hybrid was not able to finish last year's Le Mans 24-hour race, the third race of the championship, TMC hopes to achieve its first win in this year's running of the legendary race, to be held on June 22 through 23 in Le Mans, France.
In Japan, TMC will enter the Lexus "SC 430" in the GT500 class of the Super GT series. Changes have been made to some teams and drivers, and TMC will seek to reclaim the title under a new six-team structure. In Super Formula--which was renamed this season--TMC will continue to supply engines with the aim of Toyota-powered cars taking the drivers title for the fourth consecutive year as well as reclaiming the team title. Aiming to promote grass-roots motor sports, TMC, acting through GAZOO Racing, will continue to hold "Vitz" one-make races and--starting this year--"86" one-make races, to provide additional opportunities for people to experience the joy of driving.
In the United States, TMC will continue to compete in the top three categories of NASCAR, known as the National Series. TMC will make its seventh appearance in the Sprint Cup Series, the pinnacle of NASCAR racing, entering a new-specification (Gen-6*) "Camry" with the aim of taking the drivers title.
For the full outline of TMC's 2013 Motor-sports Activities please see http://ms.toyota.co.jp/en/25feb2013_news_Activities2013.html.
More information is avaailable at the TOYOTA Motor Sports Website, http://ms.toyota.co.jp/en/wec/top.html.
Supported by people around the world, Toyota Motor Corporation (TSE: 7203; NYSE: TM), has endeavored since its establishment in 1937 to serve society by creating better products. As of the end of March 2012, Toyota conducts its business worldwide with 50 overseas manufacturing companies in 27 countries and regions. Toyota's vehicles are sold in more than 160 countries and regions. For more information, please visit www.toyota-global.com.
Toyota Motor Corporation Corporate Communications Department Public Affairs Division Tel: +81-3-3817-9150
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks