|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 05:32 AM EST||
MAHWAH, New Jersey, February 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Radware® (NASDAQ: RDWR), a leading provider of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers, today announced the release of a new solution designed to address mobile carriers and cloud providers' current and next-generation requirements by offering a unique Application Provider Edge (Application-PE) and Attack Mitigation System (AMS).
During Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, February 25-28, 2013, Radware will unveil Application-PE which provides an application-level demarcation point in the mobile control and data plane frameworks and offered on Radware's new carrier grade, high capacity application delivery cloud platform, the Alteon® 6420.
Designed to meet the challenges that carriers and mobile service/cloud providers face with massive growth of Internet, over-the-top (OTT) video and mobile data traffic, together with the increasing adoption of long term evolution (LTE), Radware's new solution offers intelligent control over mobile data and applications enhancing service optimization and customers' QoE, while supporting integration with various mobile ecosystems including network virtualization and cloud-based architectures such as Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networking (SDN).
The new Alteon 6420 serves as an Application Provider Edge (Application-PE) to provide an application level demarcation point in the mobile control and data plane frameworks. It provides transparent traffic steering and control for mobile web and applications based on payload, headers, AAA and other policy enforcement interfaces (e.g, Gx) including header modification capabilities to support various mobile use cases. Additional new capabilities include optimized data delivery over radio access networks (RAN) and monitoring/presaging tools such as application performance monitoring (APM).
"When determining the right solution for a mobile network, carriers not only look for reliability but truly demand a scalable, cost-effective, and secure solution that is able to keep up with their capacity growth," says David Aviv, vice president of advanced services, Radware. "We strongly feel our new network cloud platform offers the perfect balance to their needs while moving into cloud based ecosystems," added Aviv.
Highlights of the new solution include:
- Network Cloud Platform - 80Gbps virtual platform which allows multi-ADC tenants (up to 28/96) for flexible configurations based on any logical partition with built-in 4x40GE ports for high mobile traffic loads. Utilizing Radware's vDirect® automation and control API's, automated control over the Alteon 6420 platform virtual resources can be granted and synchronized with upcoming new cloud based architectures (NFV) aligning ADC and security resources with virtual compute and network environments.
- Application delivery control utilizing high-speed Layer 4-7 Proxy technology empowered with a policy rule engine for intelligent and optimized mobile data delivery - enables flexible decisions, user and policy awareness, and header modifications controlled by AppShape™++ scripting interface for highly customized use-cases. Demonstrable performance superiority in all layer 4-7 metrics including support for SSL 2K keys.
- Mobile Web/Applications Optimization for improved customers' QoE and optimized delivery over RAN- including transport layer (TCP) optimization (congestion based) adapted to the mobile RAN conditions and new tools for application performance monitoring (APM) for complete visibility enabling proactive decision making.
- Comprehensive attack mitigation and deep flow inspection (DFI) - with up to 40Gbps of security inspection, 25M PPS DDoS mitigation, and anomaly/real-time signature generation to ensure complete mobile security at the network perimeter, service perimeter by mitigating network DDoS, DNS, IMS, and Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) attacks. These capabilities are utilized to provide improved visibility for mobile traffic (DFI) with exporting interface towards policy engines (PCRF).
In addition, the Alteon 6420 provides a comprehensive security attack mitigation framework to protect mobile networks and data centers against high-volumetric DDoS and server "low and slow" attacks. The new solution will be available at the end of March 2013. For more information, please contact a local Radware reseller or visit: http://www.radware.com.
Radware (NASDAQ: RDWR), is a global leader of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers. Its award-winning solutions portfolio delivers full resilience for business-critical applications, maximum IT efficiency, and complete business agility. Radware's solutions empower more than 10,000 enterprise and carrier customers worldwide to adapt to market challenges quickly, maintain business continuity and achieve maximum productivity while keeping costs down. For more information, please visit http://www.radware.com.
Radware encourages you to join our community and follow us on; LinkedIn, Radware Blog, Twitter, YouTube, Radware Connect app for iPhone® and our new security center DDoSWarriors.com that provides a comprehensive analysis on DDoS attack tools, trends and threats.
©2013 Radware, Ltd. All rights reserved. Radware and all other Radware product and service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of Radware in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks and names are property of their respective owners.
This press release may contain statements concerning Radware's future prospects that are "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Statements preceded by, followed by, or that otherwise include the words "believes", "expects", "anticipates", "intends", "estimates", "plans", and similar expressions or future or conditional verbs such as "will", "should", "would", "may" and "could" are generally forward-looking in nature and not historical facts. These statements are based on current expectations and projections that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that future results will be achieved, and actual results could differ materially from forecasts and estimates. These risks and uncertainties, as well as others, are discussed in greater detail in Radware's Annual Report on Form 20-F and Radware's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Radware undertakes no commitment to revise or update any forward-looking statement in order to reflect events or circumstances after the date any such statement is made. Radware's public filings are available from the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov or may be obtained on Radware's website at http://www.radware.com.
Corporate Media Relations:
Brian T. Gallagher
SOURCE Radware Ltd
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher