|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 03:40 AM EST||
TEL-AVIV, Israel, February 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
ICL (TASE:ICL) today announced that its ICL Performance Products operating segment ("ICL-PP") has agreed to acquire the phosphorus pentasulfide (P2S5) business assets and operations of Thermphos International B.V (NL), located in Knapsack, Germany.
P2S5 is a specialty ingredient used in the manufacture of highly technical materials such as lubrication oil additives, pesticides, mining chemicals and other products. Due to its very specialized nature, P2S5 is currently manufactured in only a limited number of plants in the world, and ICL-PP is a leading manufacturer of P2S5 in North America.
"This acquisition complements ICL's global presence in phosphorus-based specialty ingredients", commented Mr. Charles Weidhas, President and CEO of ICL-PP. "It is the next step in the global expansion strategy that we have been following for the past decade, carrying out complementary acquisitions that have transformed our Company into a global leader in agriculture, food, water and specialty materials markets".
ICL is one of the world's leading fertilizer and specialty chemicals companies
and is comprised of three core segments: ICL Fertilizers, ICL Industrial Products and ICL Performance Products. Its major production activities are located in Israel, Europe, North America, South America and China, and are supported by global marketing and logistics networks. ICL's shares are traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE: ICL). For more information, visit http://www.icl-group.com.
About ICL Performance Products
ICL Performance Products produces and markets food and pharma additives, specialty grades of phosphoric acid and phosphate salts, P2S5, and other products and services for the detergents, water treatment, paper, and hygiene markets. Its production facilities are located in Europe, North and South America, Israel, Australia and China. For more information, call toll free 800-244-6169 or visit http://www.icl-pp.com.
Fleisher Communications and Public Relations, Amiram Fleisher, +972-3-6241241, email@example.com
SOURCE ICL - Israel Chemicals Ltd
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher