|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 03:38 AM EST||
ASCHHEIM, Germany, February 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Vodafone Group has formed a partnership with Munich-based Wirecard AG for the introduction of its mobile payment service.
This partnership is based on the creation, implementation and operation of all technical mobile payment processes as well as issuing virtual and physical co-branded Visa cards. The Vodafone payment service will be rolled out internationally from this year.
"Wirecard is a highly competent technology partner to implement our mobile payment service," commented Dr. Christian Wirtz, Vodafone Group Director mCommerce, and continued: "We want to use our mobile wallet to offer customers contactless payments using their smartphones. We also attach great value to innovation for both our mobile offering and also for additional value-added services."
Markus Braun, Wirecard AG's CEO, commented: "We are very pleased to be supporting Vodafone as a technical service partner and also as the card-issuer. Telecommunications providers will become part of the payment process with mobile wallets. They will thus become key drivers in a paradigm shift through to a cash-free society."
Visit Wirecard at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
(25 - 28 February 2013), hall 7, stand 7F03.
Vodafone is one of the world's largest mobile communications companies by revenue with approximately 403 million customers in its controlled and jointly controlled markets as of 31 December 2012. Vodafone currently has equity interests in over 30 countries across five continents and more than 50 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.vodafone.com.
Wirecard AG is one of the leading international providers of electronic payment and risk management solutions. Worldwide, the Wirecard Group supports over 13,000 companies from various industry segments in their efforts to automate their payment processes and minimize cases of default. Wirecard Bank AG is a Principal Member of Visa, MasterCard and JCB and operates as a credit card acquirer in 69 countries around the world, involving over 100 transaction currencies and 18 payout currencies. Part of the Wirecard Group, Wirecard Bank provides innovative solutions in the fields of corporate banking, prepaid and co-branded cards, along with account products for both business and private customers. Wirecard AG is listed on the Frankfurt Securities Exchange (TecDAX, ISIN DE0007472060, WDI).
Wirecard media contacts:
Vodafone - media contact:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks