|By Business Wire||
|February 25, 2013 01:40 AM EST||
AirWatch®, the global leader and innovator in mobile security and the largest Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) provider announces a partnership with Telstra Australia that bundles Mobile Device Management (MDM) with voice and data services forming T-MDM (Telstra Mobile Device Management).
“The growth of mobile devices for our customers has created the demand to manage both company-supplied and BYOD devices,” said Tim Webber, director, Telstra Mobile. “Telstra’s Mobile Device Management provides a single platform to manage smartphone and tablet fleets of any size and allows customers to easily configure devices over-the-air.”
The platform, which is powered by AirWatch and hosted in the Telstra infrastructure, delivers efficiency to customers to:
- Bundle in MDM as part of their enterprise mobile data service.
- Provide a device management capability as a service - rather than having to deploy and manage infrastructure in their own premises.
- Enable automatic installation, upgrades and maintenance over-the-air via Telstra’s secure cloud.
- Manage Wi-Fi, non-Telstra devices or alternative plans with additional licenses.
- Provide future opportunities for additional application and service deployments.
“The combination of cloud and mobility are driving the Consumerisation of IT and creating opportunities for organisations, while presenting new challenges for IT departments,” said Rob Roe, managing director, AirWatch Australia. “We partnered with Telstra to provide an offering not seen in Australia before - cloud-based mobile device management as part of mobile data plans, or licensed separately, allowing IT Departments to leverage mobility and cloud through secure and managed deployments.”
T-MDM provides businesses the ability to enroll mobile devices in their business environment, configure and update device settings over-the-air, enforce security policies and compliance, secure mobile access to corporate resources, and remotely lock and wipe managed devices. The solution is a component of how Telstra addresses corporate requirements to support Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) adoption. The AirWatch MDM solution is compatible with iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8 devices and can all be managed in a single, web-based console.
AirWatch is the largest Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) provider in the world with more than 6,000 customers and 1,200 employees. Feb. 25 - 27, 2013, AirWatch will host AirWatch Connect 2013, the leading user group conference for enterprise mobility, at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Session speakers include top industry analysts and more than 20 global customers at the Connect booth #3B34 in hall 3. AirWatch Connect sponsors include Aerohive, Blue Coat, Bradford Networks, Dimension Data, Entrust, FishNet Security, GEMA, IBM, IBELEM, Jeppesen, MicroStrategy, Nokia, NTS, Samsung, SCHIFFL, Siemens Enterprise Communications, Unisys, Vox Mobile, Xirrus and Zebra Technologies.
For more information, visit www.air-watch.com/connect/barcelona-2013.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher