|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 12:05 AM EST||
MADISON, N.J., Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Quest Diagnostics (NYSE: DGX), the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services, today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its HemoCue diagnostic products business to Radiometer Medical ApS for a purchase price of approximately $300 million plus customary adjustments for cash balances. HemoCue develops, produces and markets hemoglobin, glucose and other point-of-care testing systems worldwide.
"The HemoCue divestiture, along with our sale of OralDNA in December 2012, demonstrates our commitment to refocus our business on diagnostic information services," said Steve Rusckowski, President and Chief Executive Officer of Quest Diagnostics. "We plan to use the proceeds to repurchase approximately $300 million of Quest Diagnostics shares as part of our stock buyback program."
The transaction is expected to be completed in March 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic information services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics is a pioneer in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care. Additional company information is available at QuestDiagnostics.com. Follow us at Facebook.com/QuestDiagnostics and Twitter.com/QuestDX.
Quest, Quest Diagnostics, and all associated Quest Diagnostics registered or unregistered trademarks are the property of Quest Diagnostics. All third-party marks are the property of their respective owners.
Quest Diagnostics Contacts:
Dan Haemmerle (Investors): 973-520-2900
Wendy Bost (Media): 973-520-2800
SOURCE Quest Diagnostics
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks