|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2013 10:00 PM EST||
MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS – Openwave Mobility, a software innovator enabling operators to manage and monetize growth in mobile video and web traffic, today announced the general availability of Integra4, a newly designed mobile broadband value-added services (VAS) platform. Offering a throughput of 100Gbps of HTTP traffic on a 16-blade chassis, Integra4 is the most scalable and highest-performing mobile data VAS platforms available on the market. It has been designed with core software-defined networking (SDN) principles of separation of control plane and data plane traffic and is fully equipped to support mobile operator’s plans for SDN and network function virtualization (NFV).
“As LTE networks are being launched in all regions of the world, mobile operators are strategizing about how to manage all-IP networks,” said John Giere, CEO, Openwave Mobility. “It’s vital for them to secure the long-term revenue-generating potential of these advanced networks with rising traffic, while allowing them to evolve to a network that supports SDN- and NFV-based architecture. The Integra4 platform orchestrates L7+ applications such as end-user inline policy engagement and video optimization at significant scales not previously possible.”
According to the latest Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast, global mobile data traffic will grow 18 times between 2011 and 2016, to a billion gigabytes per month. Mobile video will make up 71 percent of this, and there will be more than 10 billion concurrent mobile internet connections around the world. As these subscribers increasingly access rich media services on multiple mobile devices, operators are beginning to realize that cloud-based core networks, performance and scalability of network management solutions are imperatives to increasing revenues and customer satisfaction. Integra4 is fully equipped to meet these expectations and help operators evolve in order to offer value-added services with a secure trajectory to data monetization.
In addition to its market-leading performance, Integra4 also enables:
- Policy Engagement – Relevant, real-time user engagement offering end-users targeted promotion and data-charging plans based on user behavior. Policy engagement ensures that the offers and promotions made are the ones most likely to be of interest at that point in time. This leads to operator incremental revenues as well as cost-savings through one-click access to pertinent offers.
- Mobile Analytics – Easily extract, view and analyze subscriber data from multiple sources across the entire network. Insights into subscriber usage patterns and subscriber handsets provide actionable intelligence for innovative policy engagement.
- Video Optimization – Dynamic video compression targeted at network congestion “hotspots” to enhance quality of experience while reducing total cost of ownership. Operators are thus able to guarantee and deliver a quality viewing experience to subscribers through optimum use of hardware resources.
- Flexibility – Integra4 is the central component of Openwave Mobility’s 3GPP Application Function and is flexible enough to support 3G and 4G service deployments. It also releases traffic from the congested control plane and offers policy charging and rules function (PCRF) integration. Operators can offer highly differentiated services across a number of service protocols including HTTP, HTML, RTSP/RTP/RDT.
- Complete VAS Platform – Integra4 is designed for all third-party VAS solutions on a plug-in basis, making it a universal mobile broadband VAS platform.
Integra4 provides operators with the core platform for service mediation and policy management designed to empower operators to effectively analyze, optimize, and monetize the growth of mobile data traffic. For more information, stop by Openwave Mobility’s hospitality suite at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Hall 1, #1EMR – E8, visit www.owmobility.com or contact email@example.com.
About Openwave Mobility
Openwave Mobility empowers mobile operators to manage and monetize the growth in mobile video and web traffic. By analyzing the data network and individual subscriber habits, it reduces congestion exactly where it appears while creating new revenues through personalized data plans. The company operates within the policy control and charging space, with solutions including Mobile Video Optimization, Mobile Data Charging, Subscriber Data Management and Mobile Analytics.
Openwave Mobility delivers over 40 billion transactions daily and over half a billion subscribers worldwide use data services powered by its solutions. The company’s global customer base consists of over 40 of the largest communication service providers including AT&T, Du, KDDI, T-Mobile, Telefonica, Telstra, Virgin Mobile & Vodafone. Openwave Mobility is owned by Marlin Equity Partners, a leading investment firm with over a billion dollars of capital under management that has publicly committed to building the company through expanded investment in R&D. The company has built a robust portfolio of Intellectual Property, which is growing month by month.
Openwave Mobility and the Openwave Mobility logo are trademarks of Openwave Mobility Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher