|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2013 06:00 PM EST||
Jasper Wireless, the leading connected devices platform for machine-to-machine (M2M) and consumer electronics, today announced that Optus Business has adopted the Jasper platform to wirelessly connect machine-to-machine (M2M) and consumer electronics devices.
Jasper Wireless’ ability extends to a variety of M2M connections including but not limited to telematics, consumer electronics and m-health. The Jasper Wireless platform will provide Optus Business with the applications and services necessary to deliver new categories of connected devices on its network, as well as connect and manage a range of embedded wireless devices.
“M2M communications come into their own in remote or scarcely populated environments. Australia is a vast area and so delivering communications brings with it a whole host of unique challenges,” said Cindy Patterson, Chief Revenue Officer, Jasper Wireless. “The partnership provides Optus Business with the applications and services necessary to accelerate market entry of new categories of connected devices and profitably connect and manage a range of embedded wireless devices.”
As consumer electronics and M2M devices come to market with embedded connectivity, market success depends on finding the right business models to service different verticals and consumers globally. Jasper Wireless has developed the applications and services that support highly flexible business models as well as the automation of operational processes, including custom device provisioning, instant activation, real-time diagnostic tools and detailed billing and usage reports, ensuring a superior out-of-box end-user experience.
“The Jasper platform provides powerful intelligence with a live view of how devices are connecting to and using the network. By automating operational processes, it will enable us to streamline M2M deployments, reduce total cost of ownership and provide excellent customer experience,” said Phil Offer, Vice President of Mobility and Convergence, Optus Business. “With SingTel and Optus now using Jasper Wireless as our common M2M platform, we can deliver regional M2M services to business customers.”
Optus Business joins a growing list of other Jasper Wireless operator partners including AT&T, América Móvil, NTT DOCOMO, Telefónica, VimpelCom, KPN, SingTel, Rogers, CSL and more.
About Jasper Wireless
Jasper Wireless enables mobile network operators around the world with platform, applications, and design services to serve the emerging machine-to-machine (M2M) and embedded devices markets. Using the company’s unique end-to-end solution, network operators and enterprises can scale their deployment of connected devices quickly and profitably. Jasper Wireless operator partners include AT&T, América Móvil, Telefónica, KPN, VimpelCom, SingTel, Telstra, Rogers, and more. Founded in 2005, Jasper Wireless is a privately held company based in Mountain View, Calif., with regional offices in the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.jasperwireless.com or follow us on Twitter @JasperWireless.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London