|By Marketwired .||
|February 21, 2013 01:00 AM EST||
CHESHIRE, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/13 -- These unlicensed websites sell over-the-counter drugs and prescription medications that may be unsafe for use and hazardous to health, and one online pharmacy has warned consumers they must use caution when ordering prescription drugs online.
Rowlands Online Pharmacy, with over 500 pharmacies nationwide and a strong reputation for its online presence, offers the following guidelines to help consumers evaluate an online pharmacy:
1. Online Licensing: Verify that you are buying from a licensed pharmacy in your own country.
In the United States, all online pharmacies must be licensed and comply with state and federal regulations for dispensing medication. US-based sites must be approved by the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites(TM) seal. In England, Scotland and Wales, online pharmacies must be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and display the logo on their website.
2. Valid Prescriptions: Never order from a pharmacy website that does not require a valid prescription from your doctor or health care professional. Filling out an online questionnaire does not constitute a valid prescription. Consumers should be aware that drugs sold by rogue pharmacies may be outdated, expired, may contain dangerous ingredients and may also have been improperly stored. In some cases, unlicensed pharmacies have even been known to supply customers with the wrong medications.
3. Licensed Physician, Pharmacist or Chemist: Reputable online pharmacies will always have a licensed physician, pharmacist or chemist available to consult with you and offer medical advice. They can answer any questions you may have regarding your prescriptions.
A spokesperson for Rowlands Online Pharmacy said: "It's important for consumers to educate themselves on what to look for in a reputable online pharmacy.
4. Provide Contact Information: All legitimate online pharmacies offer contact information for their customers. Many online pharmacies also have physical locations, so check for both an address and a contact phone number.
Buying prescription drugs online can be a safe, private and money-saving experience. However, consumers must be careful and thoroughly investigate any online pharmacy before making a purchase.
To buy direct from Rowlands Online Pharmacy, visit http://www.rowlandspharmacy.co.uk.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher