|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 08:46 PM EST||
Annual Citywide Event Provides 11 Days of Fun
SAN ANTONIO, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- It's almost Fiesta time! Fiesta San Antonio, the annual 11-day celebration of San Antonio's rich history, culture and heritage, will be held April 18-28, 2013. Beginning over 120 years ago as a parade to honor the heroes from the battle of the Alamo and San Jacinto, Fiesta has grown into a citywide celebration that showcases San Antonio's rich, diverse culture through more than 100 official events.
Fiesta provides visitors a colorful, confetti-filled experience with 11 different parades, multi-cultural food, music and dancing, arts and crafts, lavishly dressed Fiesta royalty, military observances, athletic events and more. Each event is sponsored by a local nonprofit organization with all proceeds from the completely volunteer-run events benefiting these organizations.
San Antonio is always an engaging city and a fantastic destination for a weekend trip or an extended stay, but during Fiesta, San Antonio shines particularly bright. With so many events, there's an experience waiting for each and every individual.
Fiesta San Antonio is the perfect time for a fun getaway and affordable hotel packages let you stay right in the middle of the action. For more information on San Antonio and hotel packages, visit, www.visitsanantonio.com. For a complete list of Fiesta events, visit Fiesta-sa.org.
The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, a department of the City of San Antonio, is funded through the hotel/motel occupancy tax. The bureau is a marketing, sales and service organization dedicated to the promotion of San Antonio as a meetings and visitor destination for the purpose of positively affecting the city's economy.
Leslie Komet Ausburn
Komet Marketing Communications
SOURCE San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London