|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 02:00 PM EST||
WALTHAM, Mass., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Aggregate Industries US (AIUS) (www.aggregate-us.com), a Holcim Group Company, is pleased to announce that a number of its facilities were awarded the Environmental Excellence and Community Relations Awards from the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA).
"We are extremely proud of our facilities for receiving each distinction," said Filiberto Ruiz, president and chief executive officer of Aggregate Industries US. "I commend the employees for their continued commitment to the community, environmental stewardship and sustainability. These initiatives are the foundation of Aggregate Industries' mission and contribute to our company's success."
The environmental excellence award recognizes facilities actively executing local sustainability strategies through measurable technical and regulatory benchmarks. Accokeek Sand and Gravel, located in Fort Washington, Maryland, received the gold environmental excellence award. St. Croix Sand and Gravel, located in Chisago, Minnesota, received the bronze environmental excellence award.
The community relations award recognizes companies that effectively enhance public perception of the aggregates industry by demonstrating they are an asset to their community, good neighbors and responsible corporate citizens.
Aggregate Industries US' Sloan Quarry, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, received the silver community relations award. The McHenry Pit and Algonquin Aggregate Pit, facilities of Meyer Material Company, a subsidiary of AIUS, received bronze community relations awards.
Each facility participated in Together for Communities, a year-long community service initiative as part of the company's commitment to environmental excellence and community relations. In 2012, Aggregate Industries US employees contributed more than 16,500 hours of service to 129 projects. Central to Aggregate Industries' business philosophy, Together for Communities has allowed the company to forge strong relationships with their neighbors which provided opportunity for continued collaboration and growth.
About Aggregate Industries US
Aggregate Industries US is a leading provider of aggregate and construction materials to markets in 18 states and more than 300 cities.
SOURCE Aggregate Industries US
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks