|By Business Wire||
|February 20, 2013 02:00 PM EST||
Wireless Matrix (TSX: WRX), a leading provider of satellite communication services for critical business applications and GPS fleet management solutions, announced today that it has executed an extension of its service agreement with LightSquared, a provider of wholesale mobile satellite data, voice and bandwidth leasing services.
Under the terms of the agreement, LightSquared will provide Wireless Matrix with satellite communications service through mid-February 2016, utilizing LightSquared’s next-generation SkyTerra-1 satellite. SkyTerra-1 is among the most powerful commercial satellites ever built, and offers reliable, ubiquitous coverage throughout North America.
The agreement enables Wireless Matrix to provide service continuity for customers utilizing satellite service as an integral part of their business. These include railroad operators that use satellite for mission-critical locomotive communications, energy companies that must connect with mobile workers for outage management and other unscheduled tasks, and energy companies requiring always-on monitoring of the status of fixed-site asset operations in remote locations.
“This service extension provides operational security for our existing satellite customers,” said Rick Myers, CEO and executive chairman of Wireless Matrix. “It also provides a foundation for development of next generation satellite service offerings for the businesses we serve.”
About Wireless Matrix:
Wireless Matrix Corporation (TSX: WRX) provides fleet solutions to improve delivery metrics. The company’s software and wireless data solutions provide intelligence for managing, measuring and monitoring service execution. Users consistently report greater on-time arrivals, increased productivity and lower total operating expenses. The Wireless Matrix solution suite includes FleetOutlook®, a web-based platform providing fleet operators complete visibility of their operations and vehicle mounted cellular and satellite wireless data communication services. Wireless Matrix is headquartered in Herndon, Va. For more information, visit www.wirelessmatrix.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher