|By PR Newswire||
|February 19, 2013 07:48 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- ShowScoop announced the release of the mobile application ShowScoop Concerts for the iPhone, available for free download in the iTunes Store. With ShowScoop users can rate how bands perform live; like a Yelp! for concerts. ShowScoop is also the first concert application to incorporate Instagram's best-in-class api standards so that users can post concert photos on the ShowScoop and Instagram platform simultaneously.
"There isn't anything that taps into the wisdom of crowds and allows users to quantitatively assess a show. Right now I can watch YouTube videos or read blogs to see if an artist puts on a good live show," said Micah Smurthwaite, founder of ShowScoop. "That's a lot of work if I am trying to make a festival schedule, or if I'm trying to decide wether to see the opening act. Once enough reviews get posted, it will be easy to lookup an artist profile and instantly know if the artist is a good live show or not."
The ShowScoop mobile app provides the following unique features:
- The app allows users to rate bands on a scale of 1 to 5 across categories like stage presence and sound quality.
- Users can upload concert photos, apply filters to the images and post to their ShowScoop and Instagram accounts.
- Asymmetrical following allows users to follow friends, artists or influential tastemakers to keep up with up-and-coming acts.
- Users can like, comment on and share their reviews on social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
When a user searches for an artist profile the result is a listing of reviews and the bands overall average score. Also available on an artist's profile page are user-uploaded photos and upcoming tour dates. By incorporating asymmetrical following into the app, it becomes a social network where users can follow their friends to see what show they've attended.
ShowScoop launched their beta web presence in August 2012, and has over 2 million events in their database. The iPhone application is available for free download here.
ShowScoop is an online concert-going community based in San Diego, Calif. that allows users to keep track of and review concerts, artists and festivals they have attended, as well as create a music network to see their friends' reviews. For fans, ShowScoop provides a platform for fans to capture their concert experience and share it with their friends. For artists, ShowScoop is a place to promote their tour and connect with fans. ShowScoop provides value to all constituencies in the concert industry: artists, venues, ticket distributors and principally the consumer.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?