|By Business Wire||
|February 19, 2013 12:20 PM EST||
Red Bend Software, the market leader in Mobile Software Management with more than 1.6 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, today announced it will demonstrate at GSMA’s 2013 Mobile World Congress (MWC) how the company’s market-leading Mobile Software Management solutions are enabling new revenue-generating opportunities for OEMs and operators to manage smartphones, cars and connected devices, and providing increased mobile security for enterprises, consumers and automotive customers. This year, Samsung Electronics is Red Bend’s MWC Showcase Customer, and together they will demonstrate for the first time Red Bend’s TRUE™ Solution for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) on the Samsung Galaxy S III. TRUE is Red Bend’s solution for mobile device manufacturers and service providers to create and manage dual-persona smartphones and tablets that are “TRUsted by the Enterprise” for employee use.
Red Bend’s solutions for managing smartphones, cars and connected devices will be demonstrated in the Red Bend suite in Hall 2 Stand 2C90, and throughout the show with IBM and Alcatel-Lucent.
- Dual-Persona BYOD Solutions Provide Enterprise Security and Employee Privacy while Protecting Against Malware. With the combined increase in mobile device malware and employees accessing corporate data from personal devices, the next generation of BYOD solutions must not only ensure enterprise security but must also assure employee privacy. Red Bend together with Samsung will demonstrate a version of the Samsung Galaxy S III that runs two separate Android operating systems—one for personal use and the other for business use. The Galaxy S III demo uses Red Bend’s TRUE Solution for BYOD that makes smartphones “TRUsted by the Enterprise” for employee use through a Type-1 mobile hypervisor that creates the strongest separation possible today between two personas. Even when malware threatens the personal phone, TRUE keeps enterprise data secure. This demonstration will take place in Red Bend’s suite in Hall 2 Stand 2C90.
- New Standard Enables Mobile Operators to Manage Dual-Persona Smartphones for BYOD, in Collaboration with Alcatel-Lucent at OMA Demo Day. In support of the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) standard VirMO (Virtualization Management Object), Red Bend and Alcatel-Lucent will show how different entities can manage each virtualized OS on a dual-persona version of the Samsung Galaxy S III featuring Red Bend’s TRUE Solution for BYOD. Using OMA DM-based management infrastructure, mobile operators can manage the personal phone while enterprise IT administrators can manage the work phone. This demo will take place Wednesday, Feb. 27 from 3-7 p.m. (GMT) in Hall 8.0 Theatre District, Theatre C, and throughout the week in Red Bend’s suite in Hall 2 Stand 2C90.
- Over-the-Air Software Updates Give Automotive Consumers Latest Infotainment Features. Automotive In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) systems are becoming central to the driving experience and a key influencer of consumer purchases. Red Bend will demonstrate how its vRapid Mobile® Firmware Over-the-Air (FOTA) client software integrated into an Android-based IVI system along with Red Bend’s back-end management system enables automotive OEMs to provide car buyers with continuous software improvements and new features. This demo will be shown in Red Bend’s suite in Hall 2 Stand 2C90.
- Software Analytics Reduces “No Fault Found” Smartphone Returns, in Collaboration with IBM. Red Bend and IBM will show how mobile operators can reduce unnecessary No Fault Found smartphone returns using the companies’ joint analytics solution. Red Bend’s vSense Mobile™ on-device software analytics capability combined with IBM’s Netezza and Cognos products enable service providers to proactively identify handset issues, shorten call resolution times and predict the likelihood of future device problems. This demo will be shown in Red Bend’s suite in Hall 2 Stand 2C90 and in the IBM booth in Hall 3 Stand 3B86.
Red Bend’s market-leading Mobile Software Management solutions include: TRUE™ for dual-persona BYOD, vLogix Mobile® for Type-1 mobile virtualization, vRapid Mobile® for firmware over-the-air updating (FOTA), vDirect Mobile® for standards-based device management, vSense Mobile™ for mobile software analytics, and the Red Bend Software Management Center for end-to-end lifecycle management of software and applications on any mobile device.
For more information or to a request a demo, visit: http://www.redbend.com/en/contact/contact-us.
About Red Bend Software
Red Bend® Software, the leader in Mobile Software Management (MSM) with more than 1.6 billion Red Bend-Enabled™ devices, makes mobile devices and services continuously better in a rapidly changing world. Red Bend is the only company that provides standards-based products and solutions for software management, device management and mobile virtualization that work on any mobile phone and connected device uniformly, efficiently and securely over the air. Red Bend enables its customers to stay competitive in a fast-moving market by helping them deliver high-value services on an increasing number of connected devices with growing software complexity. More than 80 leading device manufacturers, mobile operators, semiconductor vendors and automotive companies worldwide trust Red Bend with their most important assets — the mobile and connected devices their consumers depend on.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher