|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- The Virtualization Practice, an industry analyst firm that provides unique analysis, commentary and resources on Virtualization and Cloud Computing, has released a new white paper titled "Presentation Virtualization Solutions," written by Analyst Andrew Wood.
"Presentation Virtualization, also known as Server Based Computing, helps deliver two core virtualization environments: desktop virtualization and application virtualization. While Presentation Virtualization is capable of delivering a virtualized desktop environment, it is its ability to also enable application virtualization that enterprises are turning to," said Andrew Wood, The Virtualization Practice Presentation Virtualization Analyst. "There is an advantage in providing access to applications across a range of devices and in a variety of contexts. Presentation Virtualization's ability to enable access to data and applications centrally, to present a remote view and interaction with few code changes is not only useful for enterprises, but for application vendors who can utilize Presentation Virtualization to provide a wider service to customers."
This white paper focuses on the benefits Presentation Virtualization can deliver by enabling business agility: reducing the cost of delivering applications to users, improving system reliability and security, assisting in shorter application delivery timescales. The paper differentiates Presentation Virtualization from a hosted desktop, or Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and gives a summary of current Presentation Virtualization products available with an overview of their functions and costs to help organizations determine which solution is best for their environments.
To get the white paper, simply go to The Virtualization Practice website http://www.virtualizationpractice.com, register and then download for free at: http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/?file_id=43
About The Virtualization Practice
The Virtualization Practice provides analysis, commentary and resources on current Virtualization and Cloud Computing news, events and community. The Virtualization Practice features world-class experts as analysts for 15 Virtualization and Cloud Computing topics: Agile Cloud Development, Application Virtualization, Business Agility, Cloud Computing, Data Center Virtualization, Desktop Virtualization, IT as a Service, Performance Management, Personalization Virtualization, Presentation Virtualization, SMB Virtualization, Storage Networking, Virtualization Backup, Virtualization Management and Virtualization Security. They are responsible for writing original, objective, analytical posts in their area of expertise, for writing and maintaining a white paper on their market and the vendors that serve that market and for assisting sponsoring vendors with marketing activities. For more, please visit: http://www.virtualizationpractice.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London