|By PR Newswire||
|February 19, 2013 12:31 AM EST||
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is unveiling Mobile Range, a comprehensive solution for complex testing missions, at the International Defence Exhibition and Conference (IDEX).
Mobile Range is an integrated suite of communications, optics and telemetry capabilities that can be deployed anywhere in the world on land, at sea or in the air with minimal support staff or infrastructure. Mobile Range enables in-country flight testing, demonstrations and data collection in a variety of environments and conditions.
"The IDEX international stage is the ideal place to introduce our Mobile Range system that combines the best in communications and telemetry with mobility and affordability," said Tom Bussing, vice president of Advanced Missile Systems for Raytheon Missile Systems. "Mobile Range can transform test facilities in the Middle East with its quick reaction capability and superior technology."
The system combines parabolic or flat-panel antenna systems with remote optics for target and range monitoring and communications -- all controlled from an integrated mobile command center. Mobile Range includes single, dual, or tri-band antenna feeds, and a universal software control interface.
Mobile Range can be set up in as little as four hours, and can also be operated or supported remotely via a network connection. The system was developed by leading experts in telemetry and range systems at Raytheon's facility in Albuquerque, N.M.
About Mobile Range
- Versatile, highly affordable mobile system
- Operates in a variety of environments and conditions
- Requires minimal infrastructure and support
Raytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks