|By Marketwired .||
|February 18, 2013 09:21 PM EST||
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- CBM Asia Development Corp. ("CBM Asia" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:TCF)(US:CBMDF)(FRANKFURT:IY2) has selected Netherland, Sewell and Associates, Inc. (NSAI) to audit some of the Company's additional coalbed methane resources in Indonesia.
Based in Houston and Dallas, NSAI is a qualified reserves auditor with extensive experience in coalbed methane (CBM) resource auditing, having worked with most of the top operators in every major producing coal gas basin in the world. NSAI will conduct the audit under Canadian standards for disclosure (National Instrument 51-101 Standards of Disclosure For Oil and Gas Activities).
"CBM Asia previously selected NSAI to audit its interests in the Sekayu and Kutai West PSC's which determined a net 981 Bcf of recoverable unrisked prospective gas resource," (1) stated Alan T. Charuk, the CEO of the Company. "These two blocks account for only 6% of the Company's lease area in Indonesia, while the remaining acreage has not yet been subjected to an independent audit. We believe NSAI's experience in all major producing coal gas basins worldwide is integral in their ability to deliver qualified and balanced reports on some of our additional CBM interests in Indonesia. Once NSAI has completed its initial review, CBM Asia will provide an estimate for the report's release. We believe these audits will help to provide empirical evidence to support CBM Asia's 15 Tcf net prospective resource target." (2)
ABOUT NETHERLAND, SEWELL & ASSOCIATES INC.
Netherland, Sewell & Associates, Inc. was established in 1961 and has offices in Dallas and Houston, Texas. Over the past 51 years, they have built a reputation for reliability matched by a dedication to service and a commitment to integrity. They provide services to the worldwide petroleum industry that include reserves reports and audits, acquisition and divestiture evaluations, simulation studies, exploration resources assessments, equity determinations, and management and advisory services.
ABOUT CBM ASIA DEVELOPMENT CORP.
CBM Asia Development Corp. is a Canadian-based unconventional gas company with significant coalbed methane ("CBM") exploration and development opportunities in Indonesia. The Company holds various participating interests in five production sharing contracts (each a "PSC") for CBM in Indonesia, with the right to farm-into 4 additional PSCs. Indonesia has one of the largest CBM resources in the world with a potential 453 trillion cubic feet in-place (3), more than double the country's natural gas reserves (Stevens and Hadiyanto, 2004). Since 2008 a total of 54 CBM PSCs have been granted by the Government of Indonesia, representing exploration commitments of well over US$100 million during the next 3 years. In addition to CBM Asia, other companies active in CBM exploration in Indonesia include BP, Dart Energy, ENI, ExxonMobil, Medco, Santos, and TOTAL. BP, ENI, and the Indonesian government have confirmed that commercial CBM production started in March 2011 from the Sanga-Sanga PSC and is being exported from the Bontang LNG facility. The Company trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "TCF".www.cbmasia.ca
ON BEHALF OF CBM ASIA DEVELOPMENT CORP.
Alan T. Charuk, President & CEO
1. See news release dated January 31, 2013. 2. See news release dated January 9, 2013. 3. Society of Petroleum Engineers Paper 88630 (not NI 51-101 compliant). These gas in place estimates have not be classified as "discovered petroleum initially-in-place" within the meaning of the Canadian Oil & Gas Evaluation Handbook (COGE Handbook). The term "discovered petroleum initially-in-place" is equivalent to discovered resources, and is defined in the COGE Handbook to mean that quantity of petroleum that is estimated, as of a given date, to be contained in known accumulations prior to production. There are no assurances that any portion of the estimated gas in place resources will be discovered. Furthermore, the above estimates make no allowance for the recovery of the gas which will depend on, among other things, the reservoir characteristics encountered and future economic conditions.
This news release contains forward-looking statements, which relate to future events or future performance and reflect management's current expectations and assumptions. Such forward-looking statements reflect management's current beliefs and are based on assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company. Readers are cautioned that these forward looking statements are neither promises nor guarantees, and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ materially from those expected. All of the forward-looking statements made in this news release are qualified by these cautionary statements and those made in our Canadian continuous disclosure filings available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com including our December 31, 2011 year end annual MD&A dated April 26, 2012 and third quarter 2012 interim MD&A dated November 28, 2012. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof and the Company does not assume any obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances save as required under applicable securities legislation.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks