|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 02:14 PM EST||
BETHESDA, Md., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To help security professionals learn the necessary skills to detect and fend off complex cyber attacks, SANS today announced its return to Monterey March 22-27. Included among the seven hands-on training classes featured at SANS Monterey 2013 are SANS' popular courses SEC575: Mobile Device Security and Ethical Hacking and SEC579: Virtualization and Private Cloud Security.
SANS Monterey 2013 attendees will also have access to evening bonus sessions. Included among the sessions is Evolving Threats presented by SANS Senior Instructor, Paul A. Henry. According to Henry, "Attackers have clearly evolved both in terms of malware delivery vectors and attack methodology. Yet for many, the defensive focus is primarily on the gateway and attempting to outwit attackers' delivery methods. Organizations must change their approach, otherwise they are left exposed."
For attendees working towards their GIAC Certification, four of the courses offered at SANS Monterey 2013 have a corresponding GIAC Cert available. SANS Monterey 2013 will be held at the Monterey Marriott located at 350 Calle Principal. For more information on the event including special events and SANS@Night evening bonus sessions, course overviews and GIAC Certification, or to register, please visit: http://www.sans.org/info/124362
About SANS Institute
The SANS Institute (www.sans.org) was established in 1989 as a cooperative research and education organization. SANS is the most trusted, and by far the largest, source for world-class information security training and security certification in the world. GIAC, an affiliate of the SANS Institute, is a certification body featuring over 20 hands-on, technical certifications in information security. SANS offers a myriad of free resources to the InfoSec community including consensus projects, research reports, and newsletters; and it operates the Internet's early warning system - the Internet Storm Center. At the heart of SANS are the many security practitioners in varied global organizations from corporations to universities working together to help the entire information security community.
SOURCE SANS Institute
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks