|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2013 08:07 AM EST||
LINCOLN, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- VeloBit, a provider of high-performance storage I/O optimization software, today announced that VeloBit HyperCache, the industry's fastest SSD caching software, has won BRONZE in Storage Magazine and SearchStorage.com's 2012 Products of the Year competition for the storage systems software category.
The category covers file systems, volume management, storage virtualization software, security software, storage optimization applications, and data reduction. Hundreds of entries were judged by a panel of users, analysts, consultants, and Storage magazine and SearchStorage.com editors. Products were rated based on innovation, performance, ease of integration into the environment, ease of use and manageability, functionality and value.
VeloBit HyperCache meets the needs of customers looking to increase VDI and server density and accelerate I/O bound server applications. Customers, in 60 seconds or less, can increase application performance and capacity by up to 20x, while lowering costs by 80%.
"One of the hottest trends in storage is server-based flash caching, and VeloBit HyperCache 1.12 stood out in an increasingly crowded field, scoring high marks from the judges on performance, value and ease of integration into the data center environment," wrote Carol Sliwa, Senior Writer, TechTarget.
"Good idea, good price," commented one judge.
"The selection of VeloBit as one of the Storage Products of the Year recognizes the tremendous value and cost savings our product delivers to our customers," said Duncan McCallum, co-founder and CEO of VeloBit. "This reward is a testament to our engineering team, who were able to convert our breakthrough technology into a winning product that delights our customers."
VeloBit provides high-performance storage I/O optimization software that dramatically boosts VDI and server density, accelerates applications, and boosts database capacity at a remarkably low cost. VeloBit uses Solid State Disk (SSD) to create a transparent application acceleration layer that boosts performance and capacity by up to 20x. The software installs seamlessly in 60 seconds and automatically tunes for fastest application speed. VeloBit deploys and operates transparently to existing applications, storage, or data management.
For more information, please visit: http://www.velobit.com/2012-product-of-the-year-winner
Vice President of Marketing
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks