|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Last month, AMD (NYSE: AMD) was awarded eight top honors at PR Daily's annual Digital PR and Social Media Awards, recognizing the company's marketing and communications teams for executing innovative programs to increase awareness for AMD solutions.
The awards included 'Social Media News Release of the Year,' a category that recognizes leading digital PR and social media strategies, tactics and execution around a corporate or product announcement.
AMD won the awards for an innovative and fiercely competitive PR and social media campaign to drive awareness of AMD FX processors by setting a Guinness World Record and leveraging a competitor's developer show to amplify AMD's story. PR Daily noted that, "AMD's intrepidity and imagination, its cheekiness bordering on impudence, and its clever, massive social media campaign to support its social media news release, made it an easy winner in this category."
"We appreciate the ongoing recognition from PR Daily and industry peers for the campaigns AMD has implemented to strengthen our engagement with customers, enthusiasts and fans," said Colette LaForce, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, AMD. "We have a rich history of innovation at AMD, and these awards are a reflection of the energy and passion we bring to the table each day."
The honors add to the growing collection of PR, social media and marketing awards AMD received in the past year. The company has taken home 18 top honors in the past year from PR Daily, PR News, PR Weekly and the International Association of Business Communicators, Austin.
- VIDEO: PR Daily Digital PR and Social Media Awards presentation at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City
- VIDEO: PR Daily interview with Chris Hook and David Kenyon on the winning entry
- PR Daily: AMD's 'Social Media Lightning Strike' against Intel
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading Cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD arrow logo, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
AMD Public Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher