|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 12:02 AM EST||
PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Portland Development Commission has a sweet deal to announce this Valentine's Day: the launch of Startup PDX:Challenge, Portland's search for the right match to join our growing entrepreneurial community. Applications open Thursday, February 14 for an international competition to select up to six startup businesses to receive a $10,000 working capital grant, a full year of rent-free office space in Portland's Produce Row, and free professional advice and services. For-profit startups in any industry are invited to apply.
Portland is deeply grounded in a sense of community and collaboration. It's no coincidence that in this city known for its bikes, brews and beauty, startups have grown and thrived – including three area firms which landed on the Forbes 2013 list of the Most Promising Companies just last week. Startup PDX:Challenge – the first of its kind on the West Coast – is Portland's next step in its creation of greater value and access for entrepreneurs, an innovative effort to help Portland-based entrepreneurs compete in the global economy.
Patrick Quinton, PDC Executive Director, said, "The Challenge is built on solid partnerships with the city's outstanding service providers and accelerator programs. We are building a bridge between dreams and reality for the winners of this competition."
Submissions are due April 4. Facts, FAQs and application are at www.startuppdxchallenge.com.
More about the Portland entrepreneurial community: http://blogs.wsj.com/accelerators/2013/02/01/come-to-portland-were-finally-ready-to-rock/
Created by Portland voters in 1958, PDC plays a major role in making Portland one of America's most livable cities. As Portland's economic development and urban renewal agency, PDC seeks to create one of the world's most desirable and equitable cities by investing in job creation, innovation and economic opportunity throughout Portland.
SOURCE Portland Development Commission
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks