|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 03:35 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the Empire State Building (ESB) and event designer Preston Bailey announced three couples to wed at the world's most romantic building as part of the 19th annual Valentine's Day Weddings Event, "Love is in the Air."
On February 14, 2013, Preston, known for his custom designs for celebrities and high society international events, will transform a space at the Empire State Building, for three couples, tailoring each celebration to the changing seasons of the year. The couples who will begin the next chapter of their lives together on top of the world are:
- Laurie Ann Phillips and Daniel Rosenthal (Washington, DC) – Laurie Ann and Daniel's initial blind date at a DC restaurant could have lasted all night, but the two needed to return home to their respective children. As single parents, the two bonded over their young children and took an untraditional approach to their engagement by purchasing a house instead of a ring. Laurie Ann and Dan will be married at 9 a.m. in a Winter ceremony with a Spring reception.
- Danielle Brabham and Michael Lynch (Miami Shores, FL) – Danielle and Michael turned their year-long friendship into something more when they became engaged during a power outage from Hurricane Isaac last August. On Valentine's Day, the couple is eager to move their relationship from the ocean shores up to the New York City sky at the Empire State Building. Danielle and Michael will be married at 10 a.m. in a Spring ceremony with a Fall reception.
- Kari Morey and John Kelly (Plymouth, MA and Yorktown, VA) – This pair met on their elementary school bus and reconnected after 23 years through Facebook. John is a contractor for the United States Army and, despite their long distance relationship, the two look forward to beginning their lives together before John deploys again this August. Kari and John will be married at 11 a.m. in a Fall ceremony with a Winter reception.
But first, Preston Bailey along with partner GRAMMY®-Nominated singer Theo Bleckmann, will tie the knot at the stroke of midnight on February 14, at the Empire State Building.
"Theo and I are thrilled to be celebrating our special night with our closest family and friends at the iconic Empire State Building," says Bailey. "Then, to wake up and give the three couples the wedding of their dreams as they celebrate their own respective unions; love really is in the air!"
These three couples were chosen amongst many from around the country after submitting their personal love stories via the Empire State Building Facebook page (www.facebook.com/empirestatebuilding) for a chance to win a dream wedding at the iconic landmark. They have also been profiled on Preston Bailey's website under "Bride Ideas" (http://brides.prestonbailey.com).
After the Valentine's Day festivities, highlights of Preston's wedding designs, photos of the couples enjoying their customized experience, and their plans for love-filled lives together will be posted on the Empire State Building's Contest Facebook Page and Preston Bailey's website for all to share in the excitement.
Premier industry vendors: Weddingstar, Shutterfly, Wedding Paper Divas, Gumuchian, Jewelers Mutual, Sunpride Flora, Levy Lighting, Sylvia Weinstock Cakes, Nuage Designs, Gio Draping Events, Anguilla Tourist Board, Sheriva Boutique Villa Hotel, CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa, Tequila Sunrise Villa, BlueSea, Radisson Martinique, Cardona Catering, 345 Design, BrideClick, The Best Info, Robert Evans Studio, Divalicious Lauren Cosenza, Christina Amador Beauty, Chandon, Serafino Says, BBoy Productions, Jos A Bank, Hi-Tech Events, Chocolat Moderne, Kusmi Tea, Crumbs Bake Shop, Laduree, Rev. April Beer, Something Different Party Rental, Mojuba Wedding, Baume & Mercier, and Clos du Val Winery will contribute to the elegant ceremonies and receptions.
About Preston Bailey and Preston Bailey Designs
Preston Bailey is recognized as the premier event and wedding designer with more than 30 years of experience under the auspices of his namesake company, Preston Bailey Designs. He is best known for his ability to completely transform generic (sometimes no more than a shell) spaces, into opulent, theatrical environments, translating his clients' fantasies into awe-inspiring reality. In August 2010, Preston partnered with Lovegevity's Wedding Planning Institute to create the first-of-its-kind online course. As an extension of the existing courses, Preston launched a Floral Design Course series in September 2012. Also recently announced is a new, signature collection of event and wedding reception tabletop accessories to be launched in 2013 with Weddingstar. As an author, Preston has written five bestselling books: Design for Entertaining, Fantasy Weddings, Inspirations, Celebrations and Flowers, which was published by Rizzoli in September 2011 and is already in its fourth printing. His forthcoming book is Dear Preston: Doing Business With Our Hearts (Greenleaf, 2013). Preston Bailey Designs is a privately held company with headquarters in New York City. For more information on Preston Bailey, please visit www.prestonbailey.com or @prestonrbailey.
About the Empire State Building
Soaring 1,454 feet above Midtown Manhattan (from base to antenna), the Empire State Building is the "World's Most Famous Office Building." With new investments in infrastructure, public areas and amenities, the Empire State Building has attracted first-rate tenants in a diverse array of industries from around the world. The skyscraper's robust broadcasting technology supports all major television and FM radio stations in the New York metropolitan market. The Empire State Building was named America's favorite building in a poll conducted by the American Institute of Architects. The Empire State Building Observatory is one of the world's most beloved attractions and is the region's #1 tourist destination. For more information on the Empire State Building, please visit www.esbnyc.com, http://www.facebook.com/empirestatebuilding, or @EmpireStateBldg.
Media Contacts: Edelman Public Relations
Jessica Redling, 212-277-3773
Preston Bailey Designs, Inc.
Xoua Vang, 212-741-9300
SOURCE Empire State Building
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher