|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 03:30 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Reps. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) and C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Md.), chairman and ranking member, respectively, of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, introduced legislation on Wednesday (Feb. 13) similar to cybersecurity legislation that passed the U.S. House of Representatives last April. The following statement should be attributed to Peter Davidson, Verizon senior vice president, federal government relations:
"Verizon supports legislation that boosts ongoing cybersecurity efforts and promotes the sharing of cyberthreat information among communications companies and federal agencies, provides appropriate liability protections and consumer privacy safeguards, and achieves greater cybersecurity without technology mandates or prescriptive rules. It's important that communications infrastructure providers retain the flexibility to implement all measures available to them to secure their networks and protect their customers.
"Verizon appreciates the leadership and dedication of the bill's principal authors, Reps. Mike Rogers and Dutch Ruppersberger, to build consensus around legislation on this important national security issue. Verizon will continue to work with key policymakers in Congress and the administration to achieve enactment of bipartisan, consensus cybersecurity legislation this year."
VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: Verizon news releases, executive speeches and biographies, media contacts, high-quality video and images, and other information are available at Verizon's News Center on the World Wide Web at www.verizon.com/news. To receive news releases by email, visit the News Center and register for customized automatic delivery of Verizon news releases.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher