|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 11:30 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The International School of the Peninsula has renewed its commitment to environmental responsibility by working with Carbon Lighthouse to become carbon neutral. The school, which achieved Energy Star Certification last fall and earned the Mayor of Palo Alto's inaugural Green Business Leader Award, has now completed a package of energy efficiency upgrades that will reduce its energy use by an additional 12.5%. The remainder of the campus's carbon footprint will be offset through the retirement of carbon allowances through the Carbon Lighthouse Association. The project will reduce operating costs for the school, earning them a 19% IRR.
"Part of the International School of the Peninsula's mission is to help our students develop an international consciousness, which includes a strong sense of global responsibility in all of its forms," said Head of School Philippe Dietz. "We are committed to teaching by example – making our facilities eco-friendly and educating our students and employees on the importance of eco-responsibilities."
The International School of the Peninsula joins several schools that have worked with Carbon Lighthouse to complete energy efficiency projects and become Carbon Neutral. "Our project at the International School is a perfect example of local leadership. We are proud to have worked with such a great school, and are happy to be able to provide them with an attractive financial return," said Emma Bassein, Director of Impact for Carbon Lighthouse.
International School of the Peninsula
The International School of the Peninsula has two age-appropriate Palo Alto, CA campuses. ISTP offers nursery through 5th grade language immersion programs in Mandarin-English and French-English, in addition to an international middle school. With over 30 years of experience, they are one of the longest-running language immersion schools in the Bay Area, and their Cohn Campus building was constructed in 2000. http://www.istp.org.
Carbon Lighthouse, LLC
Carbon Lighthouse, LLC is a San Francisco-based company that makes it simple for buildings to profitably eliminate their carbon footprint through a combination of high quality energy efficiency services, onsite renewable energy, and, with its non-profit partner Carbon Lighthouse Association, carbon allowances. The company has worked with over 80 clients to implement projects. www.carbonlighthouse.com
SOURCE Carbon Lighthouse
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks