|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 09:02 AM EST|
QUEBEC CITY, February 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Desjardins Group and the International Co-operative Alliance announce another Summit to be held October 6-9, 2014 in Quebec City
The first International Summit of Cooperatives held last fall was so successful that another one is being organized for next year. The second Summit will take place in Quebec City, Canada, from October 6-9, 2014.
Desjardins Group and the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA) will be teaming up again for this major gathering of the cooperative and mutual community.
"We must continue to build on the success of this first International Summit of Cooperatives," said Monique F. Leroux, Chair of the Board, President and CEO of Desjardins Group. Our goal is to create a forum for decision-makers from the world's top cooperatives and mutuals to discuss complex issues. We want cooperative and mutual leaders to leave the Summit with a wealth of new ideas that will help boost the performance of their organizations."
"The first International Summit of Cooperatives made an important contribution to the Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade that was adopted at the close of the Year of Cooperatives, added Dame Pauline Green, President of the ICA. We must build on the momentum, cohesion, confidence and enthusiasm the Year generated. With the support of our partners, the second Summit will allow us to take stock of progress and drive the Blueprint agenda".
The Summit organizers believe the event met an essential business need for the 2,800 participants from 91 countries. It is imperative to build on this momentum and continue to offer cooperative and mutual leaders potential solutions to the ongoing challenges of growth and performance.
Given the scope and level of participation of the first Summit and the awareness it generated, this event is expected to play an increasingly influential role at the global economic, political and regulatory levels.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London