|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 06:18 AM EST||
BERLIN and MUMBAI, February 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
India is the world's offshoring hub. A country spilling over with quality graduates - many of them in IT - and English skills honed from a very early age is home to six of the world's ten leading offshoring cities, according to the Handbook of Global Outsourcing and Offshoring.
The English-speaking countries have found a good-quality place to outsource their IT services with India, while the DACH countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) are getting increasingly active, which is one of the reasons Germany Trade and Invest will be at this year's NASSCOM India Leadership Forum 2013 in Mumbai from February 13-15.
"India has been important to Germany during the global economic crisis," said Asha-Maria Sharma, Germany Trade and Invest's Business Representative for India.
"German companies are able to outsource IT needs economically to good quality service, while India's leading companies are becoming better able to cement their positions in Europe by investing in Germany."
This is important for both sides. The outsourcing boom will eventually slow down as the companies reach the point where all the jobs that can be outsourced overseas are so, while productivity improvements in Germany reduce the need for further outsourced roles.
Many companies who rushed to save costs during the crisis have found they sacrificed some of their identity and connection with key business components by outsourcing them.
"What we are seeing though, is that companies are still looking to outsource services, just closer to home," continued Sharma.
"So Indian companies able to bring investment and locations to Germany will be able to reap the benefits of continued custom and that from their position within Europe."
Germany Trade & Invest is the foreign trade and inward investment promotion agency of the Federal Republic of Germany. The organization advises foreign companies looking to expand their business activities in the German market. It provides information on foreign trade to German companies that seek to enter foreign markets.
Germany Trade & Invest
SOURCE Germany Trade and Invest
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks