|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 06:01 AM EST||
ST. LOUIS, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amdocs (NYSE: DOX), the leading provider of customer experience systems and services, today announced the release of the cloud-based Amdocs Unified Communications solution, which brings together messaging services, video and voice over IP (VoIP) calling, inside a service provider-branded app. With the Amdocs Unified Communications solution, service providers can quickly launch services to compete with over-the-top (OTT) offerings, strengthening their relationship with customers and allowing them to better monetize the opportunity.
The solution, accessed via iOS and Android device apps or through a web portal:
- is compatible with the GSMA's Rich Communication Services (RCS) standard, providing future-proofing, as well as existing social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- allows for syndicated interoperability between operators and can be offered to non-subscribers, extending brand beyond the operator
- is modular, allowing for the addition of advertising and premium features such as video conferencing and whiteboarding to monetize the service
- brings all the end user's social network and mobile communities into one unified address book and keeps the subscriber inside the service provider's brand for messaging, VoIP conversations or video chats with their contacts
"Until now, the over-the-top players have led the mobile video, messaging and VoIP communications market, eroding service providers' revenues and undermining the relationship with their customers on basic communication services," said Maribel Lopez, principal analyst at Lopez Research LLC. "Service providers have the opportunity to strengthen their ownership of voice calls to cover VoIP and video conferencing with their own branded solution. By providing a unified launch pad for all their customers' communications, across multiple platforms and media, service providers can increase their customer loyalty."
"Today's smartphone users are turning to a variety of services to communicate, often at the expense of the service provider," said Rebecca Prudhomme, vice president of product and solutions marketing at Amdocs. "Amdocs Unified Communications is the first brandable, cloud-based solution, offering fast time to market, which allows service providers to leverage their customer relationships to build revenues through metered data packages, premium features and applications."
- Learn more about Amdocs Unified Communications solution
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For more than 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.2 billion in fiscal 2012, Amdocs and its 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 60 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
Amdocs and Sustainability
Amdocs is committed to working in a sustainable way and to providing its customers with solutions that ensure success in achieving their environmental goals. These include cloud-based solutions, adopting leading technologies such as virtualization to minimize hardware and therefore energy requirements, and enabling eBilling to reduce the need for paper invoicing. Amdocs is also continuously working to decrease the impact of its own operations on the environment.
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs' ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2012 filed on December 11, 2012.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher