|By Marketwired .||
|February 13, 2013 05:22 AM EST||
ALBANY, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/13 -- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (ACPHS) announced that it will be offering a scholarship to any high school graduate who successfully completes New York State's New Visions Health Careers Program. Scholarship recipients who meet the eligibility criteria will receive $2,500 annually for each of their first four years at the College, for a total award of $10,000.
Offered through the State's Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), the New Visions Health Careers program is designed for high school seniors interested in medical and health-related professions. The program offers both classroom instruction and hands-on learning in a variety of health care settings. Program participants may spend from one day to three weeks in a wide range of clinical and administrative areas within a hospital or health care facility. These areas include radiation oncology, the operating room, pharmacy, psychiatric units, rehabilitation, and many others.
"The New Visions Health Careers program offers high school students invaluable opportunities to shadow health care professionals and learn about the variety of career options available in the health care field. The academic and experiential requirements of the program also provide students with excellent preparation for college," said Matthew Stever, ACPHS Director of Admissions. "The goal of this scholarship is to increase access to the College for New Visions students, as our academic programs offer multiple pathways to health care related careers and graduates of New Visions have a demonstrated record of success at ACPHS."
The scholarship is available for students enrolled in any of the College's six undergraduate programs:
- B.S. in Biomedical Technology
- B.S. in Chemistry
- B.S. in Health and Human Sciences
- B.S. in Microbiology
- B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Doctor of Pharmacy
For more information about the New Visions Health Careers scholarship, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 518-694-7221.
About Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Founded in 1881, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is a private, independent institution committed to graduating the best health care minds in the world. In addition to its doctor of pharmacy program, ACPHS offers five bachelor's programs and five graduate programs in the health sciences. The College's main campus is located in Albany, New York; its satellite campus is in Colchester, Vermont.
Director of Communications
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher