|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 05:15 AM EST||
MOSCOW and ZELENOGRAD, Russia, February 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
As the global Power Electronics industry is shifting production from 150 to 200 mm substrates, Epiel JSC introduces to the market 200 mm silicon epitaxial wafers for discrete power devices.
According to industry analysts Power Electronics is likely to remain one of the most attractive sectors of semiconductor market in the next few years. Energy efficiency is gaining more and more emphasis in areas such as hybrid vehicles, industrial motor drives and PV-inverters for solar power systems. The energy efficiency boom drives sales of power semiconductors since they are widely used to help reduce energy losses and improve efficiency. This in turn increases demand for silicon epitaxial wafers which serve as initial material for power semiconductors manufacturing.
"While new materials such as GaN and SiC are now drawing attention of manufacturers, silicon epitaxial wafers still remain the core material for power semiconductors production due to low cost and reliability," said Epiel's CEO Vladimir Statsenko. "The promising GaN and SiC are not yet ready for industrial application. There are technological challenges and cost issues yet to overcome before these new materials can reach the mass market."
Amid the growing demand, shifting production from 150 to 200 mm substrates will help power semiconductor manufacturers increase efficiency and gain competitive advantage. In this context the supply of high quality 200 mm silicon epitaxial wafers for power devices is likely to become one of the key success factors.
About Epiel JSC
Epiel JSC is Russia's largest manufacturer of silicon epitaxial wafers.
Epiel JSC complies with international ISO quality management standards. The company is an active member of SEMI - international semiconductor industry association.
Epiel JSC produces a wide range of silicon epitaxial wafers for various standard applications. The company's R&D capabilities allow it to develop customized processes to customer specification and supply non-standard epi products as well.
SOURCE Epiel JSC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher