|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 04:01 AM EST||
LONDON, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The need for quality care, especially for a rapidly ageing population, is a strong driving factor for the tissue sealants and haemostats market in Western Europe. Technologically advanced products that enhance surgical efficiency and patient safety will also boost market prospects.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://www.healthcare.frost.com), Western European Tissue Sealants and Topical Hemostats Market, finds that the market earned revenues of $438.1 million in 2011 and estimates this to reach $685.5 million in 2016. The research covers tissue sealants (fibrin and synthetic) and topical haemostats (gelatine-based, collagen-based, thrombin-based, oxidized-regenerated cellulose-based and combination).
"The demand for tissue sealants and topical haemostats products is directly proportional to the total number of surgical procedures performed," notes Frost & Sullivan Research Analyst Brahadeesh Chandrasekaran. "As Europe's population ages, the volume and range of surgical procedures conducted is set to increase. This will promote demand for tissue sealants and topical haemostats, because both peri-operative and post-operative bleeding requires immediate attention during complex surgeries."
Product innovation – such as sealants with drug-delivery applications or novel applicator systems that improve ease-of-use for surgeons – will further encourage the uptake of tissue sealants and topical haemostats. Another positive trend is the development of recombinant- and plant-based and combinatory products. Such products are set to address patient safety concerns that are currently impeding market growth.
At present, most sealants and haemostats are used with high benefits and no complications. In some cases, however, there have been concerns related to biocompatibility and infection-associated risks. This is because some products contain animal-derived components, while others derived from human plasma are subject to the risk of transmission of viral diseases inherent in plasma-derived products.
"This has triggered significant growth in plant-based and combinatory products, because they have proven to be safe for patients," remarks Chandrasekaran. "Manufacturers that already have green or plant-based products have an edge, provided their products are backed by strong clinical evidence."
If you are interested in more information on this study, please send an email with your contact details to Anna Zanchi, Corporate Communications, at email@example.com
Western European Tissue Sealants and Topical Hemostats Market is part of the Advanced Medical Technologies Growth Partnership Service program, which also includes research in the following markets: Medical Device Industry – Recovering from Recession and European Orthopedic Devices Market Outlook. All research included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher